​​​
  1. Man dies post being served glass of ‘detergent’ instead of white wine

Man dies post being served glass of ‘detergent’ instead of white wine

A man has died after a waiter accidentally served him a glass of dishwasher detergent instead of white wine in a cafe.

By: | Published: June 18, 2015 1:15 AM

A man has died after a waiter accidentally served him a glass of dishwasher detergent instead of white wine in a cafe.

The 50-year-old Andres Lorente felt a burning sensation after drinking the beverage at Bar Raconet in the Spanish region of Castellon, the Independent reported.

Medical staff rushed to the scene to attempt to resuscitate him, but the divorced father of two died from major internal burns in Comarcal de Vinaros Hospital.

Source said that the lethal liquid had been stored in an empty bottle of wine and mistakenly been put in the fridge by a member of staff.

As per the reports, Spanish Police is investigating and the cafe owner has been arrested.

Get live Stock Prices from BSE and NSE and latest NAV, portfolio of Mutual Funds, calculate your tax by Income Tax Calculator, know market’s Top Gainers, Top Losers & Best Equity Funds. Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.

Go to Top