The Naukri Job Speak Index for the month of September 2015 was at 1796, witnessing an upward movement of 18% as compared with September 2014. Telecom, Media and Entertainment, ITES, IT Software and Auto industries showed a consistent Y-o-Y increase in hiring activity throughout the last quarter (July-Aug-Sep). The Oil and Gas industry, which had seen a Y-o-Y increase of 5% in hiring activity in Aug;15, saw a sharp Y-o-Y decline, to the tune of 18%, in the Sep;15 index.
The last quarter saw an upsurge in the demand for ITES, IT-Software, Marketing Advertising, Media, Pharmaceutical and Human Resource professionals. The demand for marketing and advertising in particular continued to show double digit Y-o-Y growth in demand to the tunes of 31% in the July;15 index, 34% in the Aug;15 index and 27% in the Sep;15 index. It is possible that this demand was driven by a corresponding consistent Y-o-Y growth in the advertising industry to the tunes of 42% in the July;15 index, 25% in the Aug;15 index and 29% in the Sep;15 index.
Delhi-NCR recorded the maximum Y-o-Y growth of 29% in hiring activity among the metros. This trend is also consistent with the Y-o-Y growth displayed by the region since May 2015. Hiring in the region has witnessed a continued growth recording 17% Y-o-Y growth in the May;15 index, 31% in the Jun;15 index, 33% in the Jul;15 index and 10% in the Aug;15 index.
V. Suresh, Chief Sales Officer, Naukri.com said, Post an impressive 13% growth in August, the job market continues to sustain the momentum gained and is moving further north with an 18% YOY growth in September. This growth is primarily driven by sectors like Telecom, Banking Software Services. Looks like this trend will continue and we can expect a slow but steady revival of other sectors too in the months to come.
Industry Sector Analysis:
As mentioned above, Telecom witnessed the maximum Y-o-Y growth in hiring activity. Following that,
- The hiring activity in the media and entertainment sector saw a sharp Y-o-Y growth of 28% in the Sep;15 index from 9% in the Aug;15 index
- IT software and IT Hardware industries also continued their Y-o-Y increase in hiring activity and recorded a 24% and 4% growth respectively in Sep 2015
- The pharmaceutical industry recorded a 6% Y-o-Y increase in hiring activity in September 2015 and thus throughout the quarter, this industry witnessed a 9% growth in hiring activity over the Jul-Aug-Sep 2014 period
- The Insurance sector recovered in September 2015 and registered a Y-o-Y growth of 10% in hiring activity in comparison to the 10% Y-o-Y decline that it had witnessed in the Aug;15 index
City Wise Analysis:
All metro cities registered have registered an increase in hiring activity in Sep 2015 too, in comparison to Sep 2014. This trend has been consistent throughout the last quarter.
- Apart from Delhi, Hyderabad and Chennai recoded a Y-o-Y increase in hiring activity to the tunes of 25% and 18% respectively in the Sep;15 index
- Hiring activity in Kolkata recorded an increase of 22% in Sep 2015 as compared to Sep 2014
- Mumbai, Pune and Bangalore saw a Y-o-Y increase of 19%, 14% and 13% in hiring activity for the same period
Functional Area Analysis:
Apart from the growth in demand for Advertising/PR/Marketing professionals as mentioned above,
- The demand for ITES/BPO professionals registered an Y-o-Y upward movement in hiring activity by 28% in the Sep;15 index
- The demand for professionals in Pharma grew by 26% in Sep 2015 over Sep 2014
- The demand for professionals in Media, Consulting and Top Management recorded a Y-o-Y increase to the tunes of 26%, 15% and 11% respectively in the Sep;15 index
Naukri.com, India No. 1 job site and the flagship brand of Info Edge introduced the concept of e-recruitment in India. Since its inception in 1997, Naukri.com has seen continued growth while outperforming its competitors in every sphere. Info Edge was the first internet Company to be listed in India. The site enjoys a traffic share of 71% as per recent ComScore data. Naukri.com is a recruitment platform that provides hiring-related services to corporates/ recruiters, placement agencies and to job seekers in India and overseas. It offers multiple products like Resume Database Access, listings and Response Management Tools. With more than 1,80,000 jobs live at any point and over 43.7 million CV, Naukri.com serviced over 57,500 corporate clients in 2014-2015. The company employs over 4000 people and operates through 48 offices in 31 cities in India and overseas offices in Dubai, Riyadh, Abu Dhabi and Bahrain catering to the Middle East market.