I try and treat every day at work as if it were my first day on the job in the sense...
Ranjan Dutt is Associate Vice President – Marketing, Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance Co. Ltd.
1. The job: I try and treat every day at work as if it were my first day on the job in the sense that I look forward to going to work to learn something new every day and make the right impression on the people connected to my workspace.
2. The weekdays: The day begins by about 7am and after sifting through all industry related news articles, I get to work on my day planner and emails. After reaching office by 9 am, I spend most of my time with distribution channels and partners in terms of trying to understand their needs and adapting our marketing campaigns accordingly. Ideating with team members and campaign partners with regards to campaigns / events is the most exciting part of the day since it throws up many exciting elements from unexpected quarters which adds to my personal growth and learning as well.
3. The weekend: Many a times, we have events happening over weekends or I am travelling for work. On the weekends that I spend at home, it’s invested on a book or just spending lazy, quality time with the family and at times also experimenting with cooking food. Catching the latest Bollywood release is another must do activity and a major stress buster.
4. The toys: My smartphone, tab and G Shock are ones I can never do without. The PSIII is another gadget that I am hooked onto over the weekends with my son.
5. The logos: I am a diehard fan of Nike and that is the attitude I carry in my personal and professional life as well – just do it. Other brands that I swear by are Coca-Cola and Arrow.
—As told to Banasree Purkayastha