After Hours with Sanjay Jhunjhunwala, Managing Director, Turtle Ltd
1. I love the challenges that come every day in our dynamic business scenario. I enjoy mentoring a team of young and energetic people and helping them build a national level brand that comes from the eastern part of the country. I love being in the fashion industry and associating myself with various CSR initiatives. Among the things that I don’t like: I hate if my brain stops giving me new ideas or stops me from innovating and challenging myself. I do not like getting stuck in my own thoughts. I do not like resting on past achievements and laurels or getting complacent.
2. Typically, I start my day with jogging or swimming at 6.30 am followed by a healthy breakfast. I reach office by 10 am and plan my activity for the day. I start with department meetings and reviews. I like to meet new partners, prospective franchisees and landlords, do site visits for new stores and visit the existing stores across the country. I don’t like to delve too much into mistakes, don’t like to repeat mistakes or carry a laggard team. I do not have immediate bosses but there is a management team whose guidance is required. I chase targets and think of new business strategies and coordinate with the team for unique marketing ideas for the brand.
3. Sunday is the only weekend for me. Since we work all Saturdays, Sunday is the day which I usually spend with my three-year-old son. I go for a swim, watch movies, enjoy a lazy Sunday brunch or watch television. I have an outhouse which is only an hour away from the city. I go there almost once every month over the weekend to unwind and relax with my family.
4. I am a typical gadget freak and a music lover. I am an out an out Apple fan and can’t do without my iPhone 6, iPad, MacBook Air. My Fitbit and my Bose Soundlink Speakers are a part of my daily life. When I travel I take my Bose QC3 headphones and my iPad with me. I am loving the new iMac which I recently purchased for my office.
5. For clothes I usually wear Turtle unless it’s some wedding or ethnic wear occasion. It’s Nike, Louis Vuitton and Salvatore Ferragamo for my shoes, belts and wallet, Ray Ban and Zegna for sunglasses and Bulgari, Baume and Mercier, TAG Heuer and Cartier for watches.
-As told to Banasree Purkayastha