It was a scene of apathy as slum dwellers were seen distraught in shock after their jhuggies were gutted in a major fire which broke out on Saturday in a slum cluster near sector 3 in Dwarka.
According to the fire officer present at the spot, around 400 jhuggies were gutted in the enormous fire which broke out this morning.
“We received a call on 10:08 am. Around 400 slums have doused in fire,” fire officer, Dharampal told ANI.
“There were two cylinder blasts also, but now the situation is under control. It would take another hour to completely douse the fire,” he added.
More than 15 fire tenders reached the spot. No casualty has been reported so far. However, all the eatables and the precious belongings of the dwellers, which were kept in their houses, have been turned to ashes.
“All our eatables, food items and precious things have burned in this fire. All the slums have been turned to ashes. We have no nothing left. All our clothes have been burnt,” one of the slum dwellers said.
They also accused the fire officials of not coming on time saying, “The fire officials did not come on time. If they would have come on time, our houses would have been saved.”