Connaught Place is even ahead of Shanghai, Tokyo and Manhattan in New York, according to a report by real estate consultancy CBRE.
With rising economic activity and central Delhi sought as a preferred office destination, the central business district of Connaught Place in New Delhi has emerged as the sixth most expensive prime office market in the world.
* Connaught Place is even ahead of Shanghai, Tokyo and Manhattan in New York, according to a report by real estate consultancy CBRE.
* The list of 50 most expensive office spaces across the world had three Indian localities — two in Mumbai and one in Delhi.
* $160: Rental per sq ft per annum at Connaught Place
* Rs 10,80,000: Annual rent for a 100 sq ft shop at Connaught Place, or Rs 90,000 per month
* Bandra Kurla Complex in Mumbai is the 16th most expensive office location with an annual per sq ft rental of $103, followed by Nariman Point at $76.5 per sq ft per annum.
* Asia continued to dominate the world’s most expensive office locations, accounting for three of the top five markets.