EGM Marketing, Konica Minolta Business Solutions India
1. The job: Twenty days on the road, a new city every day, new customers, new challenges, new exhibitions and events. An exhilarating mix of challenges, opportunities, new ideas, passion for excellence and leading a great team that converts these collection of ideas into ground level responses in the market. “Creating new value” day after day so that our customers can maximize their gain from the use of our products and services. That’s my high!
2. The weekdays: Most of my time is spent with our customers in understanding their challenges and expectations, our partners to align our thoughts and actions and my team to ideate and create new campaigns that will help us create new value. When I am not travelling, I leave home at 7 am and am in office by 8 am. After the usual mails, it is down to meetings and actions. Leveraging the thoughts and ideas of my team and providing the required resources for them to excel is the challenge I relish. By the end of the day when there is no event or customer meeting, I drive back home and have a quiet dinner with my family.
3. The weekend: Many a weekend is spent on events and exhibitions. On the days when I am at home, I love to put my feet up, enjoy a DVD with my family or watch arts programmes. I love music, especially classical and retro. I try to maximise quality time with my family and be there for all important events.
4. The toys: My iPhone and Bose wireless speakers are my favourites. I love to drive and maximise every opportunity I get to do so.
5. The logos: Apple, Bose, Khadi, Levi’s, Westside, Arrow and Van Heusen are the brands I like and use.
—As told to Banasree Purkayastha