The apex child rights body has asked all states to stop sale of Johnson's baby shampoo after its sample was found to be of substandard quality in a lab test
The apex child rights body has asked all states to stop sale of Johnson’s baby shampoo after its sample was found to be of substandard quality in a lab test. In a letter to chief secretaries of all states, the National Commission for Protection of Child Rights or NCPCR ordered stoppage of sale of Johnson’s baby shampoo and also removing the product from stock of shops after Drug Testing Laboratory, Jaipur declared it of substandard quality as presence of formaldehyde was confirmed in it.
The apex child rights body had sought sample test reports of Johnson’s baby shampoo and talcum powder from authorities of five states — Andhra Pradesh (south), Jharkhand (east), Rajasthan (west), Madhya Pradesh (central) and Assam (northeast) — after reports of presence of asbestos and carcinogenic substance in them emerged.
The order to stop sale was issued after test reports of the baby shampoo sample from Rajasthan came in. It is yet to receive the test reports from the other four states. It has asked the Drug Control Officer of Rajasthan to send the test report of the talcum powder at the earliest.
- Vakeel Saab Box Office Collection: Pawan Kalyan starrer Pink remake on track for bumper Day 1 numbers
- Top 5 senior citizen investment plans with regular income
- IPL 2021 Live Streaming: How to watch IPL 2021 LIVE matches online? Check out LIVE streaming links, special IPL recharge/subscription packages, where to watch CSK vs DC match
- Jaya Bachchan shoves fan trying to take selfie during her Howrah roadshow; video goes viral
- Coronavirus Lockdown India April 9 Highlights: Delhi reports steep 1-day hike with over 8,000 new cases; Kejriwal shuts down schools
- Good start to fixing PSUs
- Govt proposes to relax rooftop solar norms
- COVID-19 India April 10 Highlights: Delhi halves occupancy at theatres, weddings; DRDO to set up 500-bed hospital in 7 days
- West Bengal Elections 2021 Phase 4 voting ends, Election Commission bans political leaders from entering Cooch Behar after violence
- IPL 2021 Full Schedule: IPL Start Date April 9; Full Fixtures List, Venue, Match Timings Here
- SME lending, procurement startup OfBusiness gets $110M from Falcon Edge, Matrix Partners, others
- COVID-19 Live Updates: 10,774 fresh Covid-19 cases in Delhi, highest single-day spike!
- India bans exports of anti-viral drug Remdesivir as COVID-19 cases surge
- Bitcoin bombshell: Crypto king may pole vault to eye popping $400k mark this year with over 6x growth
- ECLGS: Extension of MSME refinancing scheme might add to banks' exposure to stressed accounts, says Fitch
- Planning for your child’s future? Here are some quick tips
- Genuine batteries, tyres now being sold at Maruti Suzuki dealerships for these cars
- 5 ways credit cards can improve your financial health
- Covid restrictions: 30% business loss in one week due to fresh curbs, says traders' body CAIT
- Cairn offers to forego USD 500 million if India agrees to pay principal due