Britannia Industries to increase share of non-biscuits business

By: |
Published: August 7, 2018 1:04:01 PM

Britannia Industries Limited, which earns 70 percent of its revenue from biscuits segment, would gradually increase the pie of non-biscuits category by going into new product launches, its managing director Varun Berry said.

Britannia, Britannia news, Britannia plant maharashtra, maharashtra plant britannia, britannia news, britannia latest newsBritannia Industries Limited, which earns 70 per cent of its revenue from biscuits segment, would gradually increase the pie of non-biscuits category by going into new product launches, its managing director Varun Berry said. (Reuters)

Britannia Industries Limited, which earns 70 per cent of its revenue from biscuits segment, would gradually increase the pie of non-biscuits category by going into new product launches, its managing director Varun Berry said.
In value terms, Britannia’s market share in the biscuits category is 33 per cent. “Now 70 per cent of the revenue of the company comes from biscuits segment and the remaining 30 per cent from other non-biscuits food products”, Berry told reporters here last evening on the occasion of Britannia’s centenary year.

Berry said “we want to take this ratio to 50:50 without sacrificing the biscuits business by expansion of capacity”.
The company, which also launched a new logo, yesterday proposed splitting of stock and issue of bonus debentures
subject to necessary approvals. He said that Britannia would grow organically and also be on the lookout at opportunities for acquisitions, adding the company was `aiming for the top spot’ in the foods business.

Regarding the dairy business, he said that investments would be made in the back-end to control the supply chain.
Berry said that Ranjangaon plant would be commercialised in the next couple of months, while the Mundra one was also operational.

On the Nepal plant, an official said that Britannia had already acquired market leadership. Berry added that Britannia aims to have control over the Indian sub-continent and Africa.

Get live Stock Prices from BSE and NSE and latest NAV, portfolio of Mutual Funds, calculate your tax by Income Tax Calculator, know market’s Top Gainers, Top Losers & Best Equity Funds. Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.