“If India wants to see economic growth at 10 per cent, Rajan should go back to Chicago.”
Five quotes from Bharatiya Janata Party’s Rajya Sabha MP Subramanian Swamy on Raghuram Rajan
1) “If India wants to see economic growth at 10 per cent, Rajan should go back to Chicago.”
2) “He was “mentally not fully Indian” and has “willfully” wrecked the economy.
3) “In the garb of controlling interest inflation”, which has damaged the country, he was responsible for “unemployment and collapse of industrial activity”.
4) “Had Dr. Raghuram Rajan stuck to WPI interest rates would have been much lower today and given huge relief to small and medium industries. Instead they are squeezed further and consequent increasing unemployment,”
5) “R3 planted a time bomb in our financial system in 2013. It is timed for December 2016. The redeemable $ 24 billion in f.e. to be paid out by banks.”