Based on an all-new platform, the Mahindra KUV100 (S101) will feature an all-new engine family - M Falcon - developed in-house.
Mahindra KUV100 will be the official name of its mini compact SUV S101, revealed M&M during its pre-launch event in Mumbai on Friday. The new compact SUV from Mahindra will be launched on January 15, 2016 at the company’s Chakan plant. The Mahindra KUV100 opens up an all-new segment and the company plans to lure buyers who are otherwise going for products like Hyundai Grand i10 and Ford Figo.
Based on an all-new platform, the Mahindra KUV100 (S101) will feature an all-new engine family – M Falcon – developed in-house. While the petrol engine, 1.2-litre mFalcon G80, is claimed to produce 82bhp and 114NM, the 1.2-litre mFalcon D 75 diesel churns out a maximum power output of 77bhp and a peak torque of 190Nm. Though no details on transmission options were revealed, we expect it to be offered with a 5-speed manual and an automated manual transmission (AMT).
Elaborating the new vehicle’s design, the company said – features such as sculpted bonnet, square wheel arches, wide stance, wrap-around headlamps with LED DRLs, short overhangs and high shoulder line make the Mahindra S101 a true SUV.
Giving hint at the pricing Pawan Goenka, executive director of Mahindra & Mahindra said – “Though the prices of KUV 100 will only be revealed at its launch on January 15, it will not disappoint its potential buyers like other M&M offerings.”
The KUV100 (s101) will be made available in four trim levels in both petrol & diesel engines, and even the entry-level variant of the mini compact SUV will feature anti-lock braking system (ABS) as a standard feature.
The company also revealed that Bollywood actor Varun Dhawan will be the brand ambassador for the Mahindra KUV100, and the TVC featuring him will be aired soon.
Mahindra KUV 100/S101 launch date – January, 2016
Mahindra KUV100 engine options
Petrol – 1.2-litre, 3-cylinder
Diesel – 1.2-litre, 3-cylinder
Mahindra KUV100 expected price – Rs 4 lakh – Rs 5.5 lakh (ex-showroom)
– The KUV100 will be the first product in India to feature ABS even in the lowest trim from starting.
– To be made available in four trim levels, all the variants of the mini SUV will get anti-lock braking system (ABS) as a standard feature.
– Bookings for the mini SUV will begin from tomorrow i.e. December 19th at all M&M dealerships across India.
– It will be launched on January 15, 2016 at Mahindra & Mahindra’s Chakan plant.
– The new compact SUV from M&M is powered by an all-new engine family called ‘m Flacon’.
– Mahindra S101 is for the people who are buying products like Hyundai Grand i10, Ford Figo and other B-segment hatchbacks, says M&M.
– The S101 has been the most ambitious project under taken by Mahindra & Mahindra.
– Out of 9 promised products for this financial year, Mahindra & Mahindra has alreday rolled out 7, and the KUV 100 aka S101 will be the 8th.
– Upon launch, the mini SUV will become the most affordable vehicle from the home-grown auto giant.