Honda Navi was, undoubtedly, one of the major highlights of the recently concluded 2016 Delhi Auto Expo. With this new product, Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India created a niche segment in the Indian two-wheeler industry. The Navi targets buyers looking for an affordable bike with comfort and functionality of a scooter. Bookings for the Navi have already begun via an Android application available on Google Play store. Prices for Honda Navi begin at Rs 39,500 (ex-showroom, Delhi).
Here are 5 interesting facts about the Honda Navi
1. The Honda Navi is India’s first two-wheeler crossover that has been designed to offer power of a bike and comfort and practicality of a scooter. This motor-scooter, with its unique design and specifications, accomplish bare needs of young buyers.
2. The Honda Navi is also the first Honda product that is entirely developed by the company’s in-house Indian R&D team. Right from the concept to commercial production phase, the Navi has been designed especially for the Indian market.
3. This motor-scooter creates a niche category in the Indian two-wheeler industry. Honda claims that the Navi comprises the company’s Fun DNA, and in its standard form it’s ‘Fun to See’ and ‘Fun to Ride’.
4. The Honda Navi is based on an all-new design philosophy, and looks quite different from regular scooters and motorcycles. It is available in three variants – Street, Adventure and Off-road.
5. The Navi is powered by a peppy 109.19cc, 4-stroke air-cooled SI engine that is boasted with Honda Eco Technology. This powertrain, with a V-matic gearbox, offers power worth of 12bhp at 7,000rpm and 8.96Nm at 5,500rpm.