OctaneGo.com celebrates the ReTechCon (Retail Technology Concave) being organized by RAI by releasing the 3rd edition of its Retail e-Marketing Research. With the ardent participation from more than 80+ Retailers across India, this study encapsulates the present state of Retail Marketing in India and aspiration for 2015.
Key Highlights on India Retail e-Marketing Study:
text: Retailers Association of India (RAI)
- Customer Acquisition still remains the Primary Marketing Goal of India Retailers, with a 58% Retailers voting for the same.
- Social Media is voted as the Primary Online Activity by 79% of India Retail Marketers, a 30% increase over 2014.
- Print Promotion (77%) remains the top choice of retailers as their preferred Offline Marketing Activity.
- More than 85% of India Retail Marketers vote for Email as an important channel of their marketing Plan. Email Marketing continues in the Top 3 Online Marketing Channel for Retail in India.
- 95% Retailers said that mobile is important or very important to them as they use it as their part of Marketing Strategy.
- 72% of e-Commerce companies with turnover of Rs. 20cr to 100cr generate 30% or more of their revenue from Online Marketing.
- Today, Shopping Cart Abandonment is an important issue for all Online Retailers. Deploying simple Cart Abandonment Program (CAP) increases revenue by improving Cart Abandonment Rates. Yet only, 12% of India Retail Marketers have deployed a Cart Abandonment Program currently.
Commenting on its Release, Punit Modhgil, Managing Director & Co-founder, Octane Marketing (octane.in) said, “2015 is a year of digital for India Retailers. We see a rise in usage of Social Media and a continued importance of Email & SMS Marketing. The larger deployment of Cart Abandonment Program can add 10-15% additional revenue to e-Commerce companies in India. Though the focus has been on acquiring traffic online, we anticipate conversion ratios (clicks to cart, cart to order) getting a sharper focus this year.”
3rd Annual Retail e-Marketing Study can be downloaded at
About Retailers Association of India (RAI):
Retailers Association of India (RAI) is the unified voice of Indian retailers. RAI is a not-for-profit organization (registered under section 25 of Companies Act, 1956), works with all the stakeholders for creating the right environment for the growth of the modern retail industry in India. RAI is the body that encourages, develops, facilitates and supports retailers to become modern and adopt best practices that will delight customers. RAI has a three charter aim of Retail Development, Facilitation and Propagation.
OctaneGo.com is India’s first multi-channel platform for integrated Digital 1:1 marketing campaigns on Email & SMS. Marketers can send integrated campaigns on a clean, spam-free marketing platform; built on intelligent software which is available on demand online (pay as you go, zero upfront cost, zero lead time to start) or onsite (deployed at location). More information at: www.octanego.com
Photo Caption: India Retail Online & e-Commerce 2015