The Haryanvi singer, Mamta Sharma was found dead in Rohtak’s Baniyani on Thursday morning. A resident of Kalanur village, Mamta had gone to Rohtak to attend an event on January 15 but did not return home after that. In case you don't know who was Mamta Sharma, here are some interesting facts about her that you should know.
The Haryanvi singer, Mamta Sharma was found dead in Rohtak’s Baniyani on Thursday morning. A resident of Kalanur village, Mamta had gone to Rohtak to attend an event on January 15 but did not return home after that. Her son, Bharat had lodged a complaint after suspecting some foul play. This incident came to light months after another Haryanvi singer, Harshita Dahiya, was shot dead by unidentified assailants at Chamrara village in Haryana’s Panipat district. The police are investigating the case and are examining Mamta’s phone calls to get more details. In case you don’t know who was Mamta Sharma, here are some interesting facts about her that you should know:
1. The 40-year-old woman used to perform at religious gatherings.
2. Her body was found in Baniyani, which is also the native village of Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar.
3. Mamta Sharma’s dead body was found by the residents of the village, lying near the bushes following which they alerted the police. A team of forensic experts immediately reached the spot and sent the body for an autopsy to the Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences (PGIMS) in Rohtak.
4. The singer was found with injuries from a sharp weapon her neck. Rohtak SP Pankaj Nain claimed the case has almost been solved. “She was probably killed by one of her acquaintances who will be arrested soon,” he said.
5. Meanwhile, the SHO of Kalanaur police station where an FIR has been registered said it appears that the body was thrown in the fields after her murder at some other place.
6. Mamta’s son said that his mother used to give performances at jagrans (religious functions) for the last six years and had been missing since Sunday (January 14).
“On Sunday morning, she left home with an associate artiste Mohit for a programme at Gohana’s Gaushala. When she was on the way in a car, somebody in another car indicated to stop the car. They took her with them. We could not contact her after that,” Bharat said in a statement to the police.