Rocky Yadav, the son of former JD(U) MLC Manorama Devi was sentenced to life imprisonment along with two others by a Gaya district court on Wednesday afternoon. The punishment was given for the murder of class XII student Aditya Sachdeva.
Rocky Yadav, the son of former JD(U) MLC Manorama Devi was sentenced to life imprisonment along with two others by a Gaya district court on Wednesday afternoon. The punishment was given for the murder of class XII student Aditya Sachdeva. In an incident of road rage that happened on May 7, 2016, 18-year-old Aditya Sachdeva was shot dead by Rocky following a row over overtaking on the Bodhgaya-Gaya road in Bihar. Sachdeva was in Class XII back then and had just completed his board examination. He was the son a businessman. In case you don’t know who is Rocky Yadav and why he is in the news, here is all you need to know:
1. Rocky Yadav is the son of Bindi Yadav, a former Gaya Zilla councilor, and former JD(U) MLC, Manorama Devi. He is 24-year-old.
2. On May 7, 2016, when Rocky was coming back to Gaya from Bodhgaya along with his bodyguard Rajesh Kumar in a Landrover. He got into an argument with the occupants of a Maruti car for allegedly not letting him pass near the Rampur police station, according to a report by The Indian Express.
3. Aditya Sachdeva was one of the occupants of the car and was sitting in the backseat. After a scuffle, Rocky shot at Sachdeva with his licensed pistol and the latter died on way to the hospital.
4. Rocky was arrested by the police three days after the incident from a dairy farm in Bodhgaya by the Gaya police and a Beretta pistol, registered in his name and used to commit the crime, was recovered. Rocky’s bodyguard Kumar and his father Bindi Yadav were also arrested by the police.
5. Shyam Sunder Sachdeva, the victim’s father, appealed to Chief Minister Nitish Kumar to ensure justice in the case. “Nitish Kumar, if you are serious about getting us justice, please complete a trial in 15 days. Procedural delay will make Rocky and his father stronger and nothing will happen,” he had said, as per The Indian Express.
Nitish Kumar had met the family of Aditya Sachdeva last year and had also directed the police to pray to the court for a day-to-day trial in the case. He had also expelled Manorama Devi from the party following the incident. Today, Rocky Yadav along with two others were given life imprisonment while Bindi Yadav was given a five-year jail term for harbouring the offender and furnishing false information before the court.