Manoj Baitha, a district-level Bharatiya Janata Party leader, has been suspended from the party post for six years after he was named as the prime accused in Muzaffarpur hit and run case.
Manoj Baitha, a district-level Bharatiya Janata Party leader, has been suspended from the party post for six years after he was named as the prime accused in Muzaffarpur hit and run case. Opposition parties led by Rashtriya Janata Dal have demanded apology from Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Modi as one of his partymen has committed a heinous crime of killing nine children. Also, Opposition leader Tejashwi Yadav has also accused Nitish Kumar government of shielding the accuse. Yadav has demanded that Kumar should break his silence over the issue. As the political heat grows in Bihar after the tragic incident, one question arises – who is Manoj Baitha?
Actually, very little was known about Baitha, until he was accused of mowing down nine kids with his speeding vehicle on Muzaffarpur-Sitamarhi highway. Following facts are known about Baitha:
– Manoj Baitha is a district level BJP worker in Sitamarhi.
– Baitha has been suspended from the primary membership of the party for a period of six years.
– It has been reported that Baitha served the party as state secretary general of Mahadalit Prakoshth.
– However, a senior BJP leader in Bihar has claimed that no Mahadalit Prakosht exists in the organisation and Baitha may have fabricated it.
– Earlier, it was falsely rumoured that Baitha is an elected MLA of BJP.
– It has been reported that police have arrested Baitha from India-Nepal border. According to Prabhat Khabar, Baitha was arrested by Sitamarhi police near Malangwa border in Nepal. However, the report said there was no confirmation about this by the Sitamarhi SP and Muzaffarpur SSP.
Bihar Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi has accepted that Baitha is a BJP member but he won’t be spared for the crime. He further said that security agencies have been asked to take sternest possible action against the accused, “irrespective of political affiliations”. Tejashwi Yadav led a march to Raj Bhawan and submitted a memorandum to Governor Satya Pal Malik. Speaking about the identity of the accused, Yadav tweeted: “First Day Sushil Modi said, there is no such Leader in BJP. They totally disowned him. Next day when pressure built up, He said, Yes he is our senior leader. Today after our meeting with Governor, BJP did nautanki of expelling him. They are such fraud and liars.”