Vikas Swarup, Official Spokesperson, Ministry of External Affairs, India in an interview today said that the Saudi Arabian government has assured the safe return of the Indians in the country. He said that the Indian government has received a list of names of the Indians who want to come home and the ones who want to stay back. The Indians were stuck in Saudi Arabia after the recession had forced oil companies to shut down, rendering them unemployed. Earlier Sushma Swaraj, External Affairs Minister had informed the parliament that House that the King of Saudi Arabia had stepped into the matter and asked its officials to resolve the issue. The Indian consulate had been providing rations to the unemployed families stuck in the Gulf country after the food crisis was brought to light.
He also cleared the doubts about Kerala Minister KT Jaleel not being allowed at passport to Saudi Arabia. He said that there has been a misunderstanding and questioned the timing of the ministerial visit. He added that the complete focus of the government lies with helping those stranded in the country.
Answering the doubts and questions about home Minister Rajnath Singh’s visit to Pakistan, he said that the Home Minister had been there to attend a multi-national meeting and not bilateral talk with Pakistan. The Home Minister’s Islamabad visit ended in a controversy as his speech at the SAARC Home Ministers’ conference was blacked out by the Pakistan government. The media was also not allowed at the event.
He also mentioned that Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi will be visiting India next week. He is to meet External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj on August 13