Chief Minister of Rajasthan Vasundhara Raje on Thursday inaugurated ABHAY, a high-tech, modern central police command Centre. This will help in surveillance, vehicle tracking and mob control. “Launched the first Abhay Command & Control Center in #Jaipur–yet another step towards a safer & happier Rajasthan. #SarvaPrathamRajasthan,” she tweeted. Here are five things to know about it:
1) The centre-based at the police commissionerate in Rajasthan has been set up with the Rajasthan IT Department’s help.
2) It is equipped with facilities to conduct video surveillance, analyse call recordings and track vehicles among others.
3) Similar centres will be set up at the divisional level by June-end and district headquarters will be linked with the command centres in a phased manner later, she said.
4) The analysis of videos, call records and other data will help in crime control, traffic management and identification of criminals, Police Commissioner Sanjay Agrawal said.
5) Mahindra Defence is a proud partner of Jaipur Police.
Home Minister Gulab Chand Kataria, Social Justice and Empowerment Minister Arun Chaturvedi and DGP Manoj Bhatt were present on the occasion among others.