UP civic polls, nagar nigam, municipal corporation elections results 2017: Municipal Corporation, Nagar Nigam election date, schedule, results - Here's all you need to know
UP civic polls, nagar nigam, municipal corporation elections results 2017: The three-phase Uttar Pradesh Nagar Nigam election started from November 22. For BJP, state chief minister Yogi Adityanath is himself anchoring the poll campaign to ensure a good performance from the party. Samajwadi Party’s campaign is led by party president Akhilesh Yadav. SP has said masses will get a chance to register their disapproval of the “anti-people BJP government” in these elections. Mayawati-led Bahujan Samaj Party, which had not participated in the elections last time, has also fielded its candidates.
BJP, which is traditionally very strong in these elections, is running an unprecedented high-voltage campaign for the elections. Some of the top leaders are likely to join Adityanth to strengthen party’s prospects. While launching BJP manifesto, Adityanath said, “We enter every election like it is an examination. The Opposition is already running away from the field.” Adityanth had chosen Ayodhya to kickstart his campaign. Also, Ayodhya and Mathura-Vrindavan municipal corporations, constituted by Yogi Adityanath government, will go to polls for the first time. These two separate municipal corporations cover religiously significant towns of Ayodhya and Mathura.
According to the Exit Poll by ABP News-C Voter for the 16 municipal corporations, where elections took place in three phases, predict that the saffron party will win in 15 out of 16 cities. Since demonetisation of last year, no party in UP has been able to beat BJP in local body elections on the issue in Uttar Pradesh. It seems the trend will continue.
Dates and schedule
– The election will take place in three phases on November 22, 25 and 26.
– 24 districts went to polls on November 22: Around 55% polling was recorded.
– 25 districts will go to polls on November 26
– 26 districts on November 29.
– Counting of votes polled for 16 nagar nigam, 198 nagar palika parishad and 438 nagar panchayat starts today. Results to be updated soon.
16 Some Nagar Nigams that will go to polls
Aligarh Municipal Corporation
Agra Municipal Corporation
Allahabad Municipal Corporation
Ayodhya Municipal Corporation
Mathura-Vrindavan Municipal Corporation
Jhansi Municipal Corporation
Kanpur Municipal Corporation
Lucknow Municipal Corporation
Varanasi Municipal Corporation
Unnao Municipal Corporation
Meerut Municipal Corporation
Ghaziabad Municipal Corporation
Bareilly Municipal Corporation
Gorakhpur Municipal Corporation
Saharanpur Municipal Corporation
Moradabad Municipal Corporation
Firozabad Municipal Corporation
Check All Ward Wise Candidates Here
Total number of voters, polling boothts etc
– As many as 3.32 crore voters will be eligible to cast their ballots.
– 36,269 polling booths and 11,389 polling stations will be set up for smooth conduct of the elections.
– This time, no central para-military force would be used for security purposes. The entire security excercise will be managed by the state police alone.
Phase wise details for the polls:
– First phase: First phase will cover 24 districts in which 230 local bodies, spread over 4,095 wards, will go to polls. 3,731 polling centres and 11,683 polling booths will be set up in these elections. 1.09 crore voters will be eligible to vote.
– 2nd Phase: This will cover 25 districts having 189 local bodies covering 3,601 wards. 13,776 polling booths will be set up for 1.29 crore voters.
– 3rd phase: 26 districts will go to polls in which there are 233 local bodies spread over 4,299 wards. As many as 10,810 polling booths for over 94 lakh voters.