UP budget highlights: Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath-led Uttar Pradesh government has today rolled out its first annual budget for 2017-2018 fiscal which it claimed will take the state forward onto a higher trajectory of growth.
UP budget highlights: Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath-led Uttar Pradesh government has today rolled out its first annual budget for 2017-2018 fiscal which it claimed will take the state forward onto a higher trajectory of growth. The current budget, presented by state Finanace Minister Rajesh Agarwal, is 10.9 per cent higher as compared to the last fiscal. Though the Budget session kicked off with Opposition ranting about the increasing crime graph in the states and even several parties disrupting the Question Hour session, the new UP government revealed its allocation of funds for various sectors that affects the development of the state. CM Adityanath was present at the moment when the Finance Minister announced the budgetary proposals in the state legislature. Agarwal during his speech said that the focus of the government was in rural development as well as ensuring overall development of the state. Here are 10 major highlights from Adityanath government’s maiden state budget 2017-18:
1. UP government has allocated a sum of Rs 21.12 cr for free education up to graduation for girls under ‘Ahilyabai Kanya Free Education Scheme’.
2. The government also allocated Rs 800 cr for development of infrastructure in cities of Ayodhya, Varanasi and Mathura under ‘Prasad Yojana’.
3. The 2017-18 annual budget is pegged at Rs 3,84,659.71 crore and it is 10.9 per cent higher than last fiscal’s. UP budget provides for Rs 55,781.96 crore for new schemes, reported PTI.
4. A Live Hindustan report stated that the government has also announced recruitment of around 33,200 police officials in the state.
5. For Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY), a fund of Rs 3000 cr has been allocated. Rs 200 crore has also been given out for Bundelkand special provisions while Rs 800 crore for Prasad Yojna in Ayodhya-Mathura-Kashi regions, reported Indian Express.
You might also want to see this:
6. A special budget of Rs 36,000 cr has been allocated for farm loans waiver in the state. State Finance minister has also announced the launch of groundwater conservation mission in his budget session along with a new policy for solar power in the state.
7. An amount of Rs 500 crore has been allocated under annual budget for preparation of ‘Ardh Kumbh’ to be held in Allahabad.
8. Metro network expansion, construction of expressway in the state and job creation are key focus areas of the government, said Rajesh Agarwal during presenting the annual state budget.
9. A special budget of Rs 3,255 cr has been allocated for construction of toilets across the state. Rs 1,000 cr funds has been announced for Swachh Bharat mission in Uttar Pradesh cities.
10. The UP government has also allocated Rs 142 cr budget for scholarship upto class 10th and Rs 50 cr for WiFi in degree colleges and universities of the state.