Two Indians kidnapped in Nigeria released

By: |
New Delhi | July 16, 2016 2:47 PM

Two Indians kidnapped in Nigeria last month were released on Saturday, the government announced.

Abducted girls were freed at 10.30 a.m. IST, External Affairs Ministry spokesperson Vikas Swarup said. Abducted girls were freed at 10.30 a.m. IST, External Affairs Ministry spokesperson Vikas Swarup said.

Two Indians kidnapped in Nigeria last month were released on Saturday, the government announced.

 Mangapudi Srinivas and Kaushal Anish Sharma, abducted on June 29 from Boko in Benue state, were freed at 10.30 a.m. IST, External Affairs Ministry spokesperson Vikas Swarup said.
 
Stating that both released persons had spoken to their families, Swarup said Sharma’s wife thanked External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj for ensuring his safe release.
 
Srinivas and Sharma were on their way to work at the Benue Cement company, owned by the Dangote Group, when they were kidnapped.
 
The Dangote Group is a Nigerian multinational industrial conglomerate, the largest in West Africa. 

Get live Stock Prices from BSE, NSE, US Market and latest NAV, portfolio of Mutual Funds, Check out latest IPO News, Best Performing IPOs, calculate your tax by Income Tax Calculator, know market’s Top Gainers, Top Losers & Best Equity Funds. Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.

Financial Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel and stay updated with the latest Biz news and updates.

Next Stories
1Lt Governor Anil Baijal reviews water supply situation in Delhi
2LJP revolt: Chirag Paswan says feel orphaned after betrayal by uncle Pashupati Paras
3LJP vs LJP: Court battle imminent as questions remain on who holds the party reins