Thunderstorm in Delhi NCR highlights: A duststorm hit North India along with the National Capital Region on Saturday afternoon. The storm came hours after the India Meteorological Department had predicted thunderstorm with strong winds and rain. As per the Relief Commissioner, Sanjay Kumar, as many as 3 people have been dead in Firozabad after a medium intensity thunderstorm hit the area.
Thunderstorm in Delhi NCR Highlights: A dust storm hit North India along with the National Capital Region on Saturday afternoon. The storm came hours after the India Meteorological Department had predicted thunderstorm with strong winds and rain over places in and around Narnol, Bawal, Alwar, Rewari, Kosli, Mahendargarh, Bhiwari, Hodal, Palwal and Sohna on Saturday. As per the Relief Commissioner, Sanjay Kumar, as many as 3 people have been dead in Firozabad after a medium intensity thunderstorm hit the area. Apart from these areas, a dust storm was also witnessed in Uttar Pradesh’s Noida and Greater Noida region. Strong winds exceeding 80 kilometres per hour are likely to accompany the thunderstorm in the next few hours. “Thunderstorm with rain would occur over many places of Delhi and Mahendragarh, Kosli, Gurugram, Manesar, Faridabad, Ballabhgarh, Noida and Greater Noida by evening,” the IMD added. There are no reports of damage to life and property because of this duststorm yet.
Here are Thunderstorm in Delhi NCR Highlights:
– It was a sultry day in the national capital, with the mercury settling at 41.4 degrees Celsius, one notch above the season’s average, today.
The weatherman has predicted a rise in the maximum temperature which is likely to settle at 43 degrees Celsius tomorrow. The meteorological (MeT) department also said that there is a possibility of thundery development tomorrow evening.
– An official of the department said that the minimum temperature was today recorded at 26.4 degrees Celsius, normal for this time of the year. “Skies will remain partly cloudy tomorrow. There is also a possibility of thundery development in the evening,” the official said.
WATCH: Weather Forecast for May 20 by Skymet Weather – Heavy rain in Northeast and Karnataka, heatwave in Rajasthan
– The minimum temperature and maximum temperature are expected to hover around 27 and 43 degrees Celsius, respectively, tomorrow. Yesterday, the maximum settled at 40.6 degrees Celsius, while the minimum temperature recorded was 26.7 degrees Celsius.
– 3 dead in Firozabad after a medium intensity thunderstorm hit the area: Sanjay Kumar, Relief Commissioner
– Earlier this month, Delhi was hit by a massive dust storm, uprooting trees and disrupting power supply. It was the second such storm to hit the national capital. The storm was followed by rain and lightning in which two people had lost their lives.
– On Friday, the Met department forecast that the southwest monsoon would hit the Kerala coast on May 29, three days before its normal onset date. “The southwest monsoon is expected to set over Kerala on May 29 with a modelled error of plus or minus four days,” the IMD said. The normal onset date for the monsoon to hit Kerala is June 1.