The Indian Meteorological Department (IMD) on Sunday warned that a thunderstorm accompanied with gusty winds would hit isolated places over Gangetic West Bengal and Odisha.
The Indian Meteorological Department (IMD) on Sunday warned that a thunderstorm accompanied with gusty winds would hit isolated places over Gangetic West Bengal and Odisha. The alert has also been issued for 15 other states namely- Jammu and Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Bihar, Jharkhand, South interior part of Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Lakshadweep and northeastern states like- Assam, Meghalaya, Nagaland, Mizoram and Tripura. It also predicted a heavy rainfall in parts of Nagaland, Manipur, Mizoram and Tripura. The Met office also warned that a dust storm or thunderstorm would hit isolated places in Rajasthan while heat wave conditions will continue in parts of Vidarbha and Madhya Pradesh. Earlier this month, an intense thunderstorm had left more than 80 people dead, with the highest being reported in Uttar Pradesh.
Check Dust storm, Thunderstorm Updates:
– On Sunday, the maximum temperatures in New Delhi were recorded at 41.4 degrees Celsius while the minimum temperature was recorded at 27 degrees Celsius. The Maximum temperature in Kolkata was recorded at 36.9 degrees Celsius while the minimum temperature settled at 27.5 degrees Celsius. The maximum temperature in Chennai was recorded at 38.6 degrees Celsius while the minimum temperature was recorded at 28.4 degrees Celsius. In Mumbai, the maximum temperature was recorded at 34.6 degrees Celsius while minimum temperatures recorded at 26.5 degrees Celsius.
– IMD has predicted a rainfall across several states in India namely- Nagaland, Manipur, Mizoram, Tripura, West Bengal, Sikkim, Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Meghalaya, Odisha, Jammu and Kashmir, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, coastal Karnataka, south interior Karnataka, Kerala, coastal Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Tamil Nadu, north interior Karnataka, Andaman and Nicobar Islands and Lakshadweep. While the dry weather will prevail in Jharkhand, Bihar, Punjab, Rajasthan, east Madhya Pradesh, Vidarbha, Chhattisgarh, Gujarat, Konkan Goa, Madhya Maharashtra, Marathwada.
– Duststorm and thundershowers are likely to take place in northern parts of Madhya Pradesh and Uttar Pradesh, says Skymet.
– Skymet has predicted that light to moderate rainfall and thunderstorms accompanied with gusty winds would occur at several places of Andhra Pradesh in upcoming 6 hours- Anantapur, Chittoor, Guntur, Kurnool, Prakasam, Sri Potti Sriramulu Nellore, Jogulamba-Gadwal, Nagarkurnool
– The National capital is experiencing a minimum temperature of 27 degrees Celsius while the maximum temperature is likely to settle at 42 degrees Celsius. Humidity was recorded at 39 percent at 8:30 am. IMD has predicted a cloudy sky with the possibility of the thunderstorm. On Saturday, the minimum and maximum temperatures were recorded at 26.4 and 41.4 degrees Celsius.
– The IMD (Indian Meteorological Department) also issued a forecast of the weather for the next five days. An alert for the thunderstorm with gusty winds has been issued till May 23, 2018. Heavy rainfall will continue in parts of Andaman and Nicobar Islands and Tamil Nadu while heat wave conditions will continue to prevail in parts of Maharashtra’s Vidarbha and East Madhya Pradesh.