The ordeal of this 7 month old baby after she swallowed this object will make you break out in sweat

By: |
New Delhi | Published: January 25, 2018 6:02:00 PM

In a miraculous case, a 7-month-old baby was saved by doctors in Mumbai after they removed a LED bulb that was lodged in her lungs. Doctors at the Bai Jerbai Wadia Hospital in Mumbai's Parel recently were able to remove an LED bulb that was two-centimetre in diameter from the lungs of the baby.

Ariba Khan, 7-month-old baby, LED bulb, mumbai doctor, Bai Jerbai Wadia Hospital, mumbai, mumbai hospital, Ratnagiri, Wadia HospitalThe case came to light after her health condition deteriorated and local physician could not diagnose the problem. (Representative Photo- Reuters)

In a miraculous case, a 7-month-old baby was saved by doctors in Mumbai after they removed a LED bulb that was lodged in her lungs. Doctors at the Bai Jerbai Wadia Hospital in Mumbai’s Parel recently were able to remove an LED bulb that was two-centimetre in diameter from the lungs of the baby. According to a Hindustan Times report, seven-month-old Ariba Khan had swallowed the bulb while playing with a toy mobile phone. The case came to light after her health condition deteriorated and a local physician could not diagnose the problem. After which she was taken to Ratnagiri by her parents for the treatment of a cough and fever.

The family of the seven-month-old baby girl, Ariba Khan, belongs to Chiplun in the Ratnagiri district. They had to wait for over a week before the doctors could perform a bronchoscopy to remove the object as physicians in Ratnagiri couldn’t diagnose why she had a persistent cough and fever. A doctor of the Bai Jerbai Wadia Hospital while talking about the case was quoted saying that the parents initially thought that Ariba had swallowed a thread or a small part of a toy. He added that they took her to a local physician who couldn’t diagnose the condition but unfortunately her condition deteriorated within a week.

The child was admitted to the Wadia Hospital after being advised by some relatives. Head of ENT department at the hospital, Dr Divya Prabhat was quoted saying that an X-Ray report revealed that there was an object in the right lung. Ariba was put on antibiotics to prevent and control the infection that could spread from the lodged object. Doctor Divya Prabhat further said that a primary bronchoscopy revealed that the lung was full of granulation tissues (tissue and microscopic blood vessels that form on the surfaces of a wound during the healing process). She added that the tissues were hiding the object, thus making its removal difficult.

After this, Ariba was put on antibiotics and steroids for two days so that she could be treated once the infection and granulations cleared. On the third day, another bronchoscopy was performed, when the bulb became visible inside the lung. The doctors were then successfully able to remove the object – a two-centimetre LED bulb – using forceps.

Get live Stock Prices from BSE and NSE and latest NAV, portfolio of Mutual Funds, calculate your tax by Income Tax Calculator, know market’s Top Gainers, Top Losers & Best Equity Funds. Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.

Next Stories
1Mahadayi river dispute: Goa suspends bus services to Karnataka
2Padmaavat release: Digvijay Singh says ‘Films which hurt sentiments of any religion should not be made’
3Traffic restrictions in Delhi on Republic day parade 2018: Delhi Metro services timing; how to avoid 26 January hassles during travel