Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman said, "Terrorists belonged to Jaish-e-Mohammed, sponsored by Azhar Masood residing in Pakistan and deriving support from there."
Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman on Monday held a meet with Army top brass and Jammu and Kashmir CM Mehbooba Mufti in the wake of terror attack on Sunjwan Army Camp. After the meetings, Nirmala Sitharaman addressed a press conference. The Defence Minister confirmed that the counter terrorist operation in Sunjuwan were called off on Monday at 10.30 AM, however the sanitisation operation is on. Moreover, terrorists belonged to Jaish-e-Mohammed, sponsored by Azhar Masood residing in Pakistan and deriving support from there. “6 fatal casualties, including a civilian were cost by the terrorists. 3 terrorists have been eliminated. There were reports of 4 terrorists. The fourth terrorist must have been a guide and may not have entered the camp area,” she added.
Slamming Pakistan, Sitharaman said, “All the evidences collected have been compiled. Definitely they will be given to Pakistan. Even after giving dossiers after dossiers Pakistan has not taken any action.” She added, “Giving the evidences to Pakistan will be a continuous process. It will have to be proved over and over again that they are responsible. Pakistan will have to pay for this misadventure.”
Moreover, the Defence Minister revealed that Intelligence inputs show that terrorists were controlled by their handlers from across border. “Evidence being scrutinised by NIA. Pakistan expanding the arch of terror to areas south of Pir Panjal & resorting to ceasefire violations to assist infiltration,” she added.
Earlier in the day, Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman met those injured in the Sunjuwan Army Camp attack at the Military Hospital in Jammu.