Terror attack at BSF camp near Srinagar Airport: At 4:30 am terrorists tried to barge into BSF 182 battalion campus.
Srinagar Airport Terrorist Attack: Militants attacked a Border Security Force (BSF) camp in the wee hours of Tuesday near Srinagar airport. Few suspected militants entered the 182 battalion camp near the Srinagar airport outside the Airforce station at Gogo Humhama in Srinagar, as per the report by news agency ANI. One terrorist has been gunned down, while three jawans have been injured, as per the report.
For more updates, go to Srinagar Airport Terrorist Attack Live
Here are the top developments of the attack:
• One BSF jawan, who was injured, succumbed to his wounds.
• Three Jaish-e-Mohammed terrorists have been killed, as per the report. The sanitation operations are still underway.
• The terror attack on a BSF camp near the high-security Srinagar International airport today left three jawans and a policeman injured while security forces killed two ultras.
• Home Minister Rajnath Singh will chair a high-level meeting at 11.30 am to discuss the issue.
• Arms and ammunition have been seized from the slain terrorist, according to Times Now report.
• The flight services at Srinagar Airport is yet to resume due to ongoing encounter/operation.
• The airport is currently under CRPF security.
• Troops of CRPF, 53 RR, BSF and SOG zonal have placed the cordon around the building where terrorists are holed up.
• The Kashmir Valley School, which is in the vicinity of the area, will remain closed in view of the terrorist attack.
• BSF told that the operation is underway, while the injured are being evacuated.
• The terrorists have been isolated and flush out drills are in progress with precision, reported ANI.
• Airports in metro cities have also been put on high alert in the wake of the terrorist attack near Srinagar airport today.
• The passengers who were stranded are now being allowed to move towards Srinagar airport.
• Times Now quoted BJP Leader Ravinder Raina saying, “The terrorists targeted the BSF camp but the BSF did a great job of foiling their move.”
— News18 (@CNNnews18) October 3, 2017
• At 4:30 am terrorists tried to barge into BSF 182 battalion campus.
• The base camp of Indian airforce and the international airport of Srinagar are very close to the ground zero, reported ABP news.
• Two of the attackers has been killed in the attack on the campus of BSF’s 182 battalion in Srinagar.
• BSF was quoted by ANI as saying that the attack was retaliated.
• Three BSF troopers, have been injured in the terrorist attack.
• Terrorist organisation Jaish-e-Mohammed has claimed the responsibility for the attack, according to Republic TV.
• BSF told that the terrorists holed up in the building inside the campus.
• Meanwhile, the heavy blasts and firing between the militants and security forces are underway.
• Following the attack on BSF camp near Srinagar Airport, no employee or passenger or vehicle is being allowed to go towards the Airport.
• The highway is shut and the encounter with the attackers is underway.
• The area around Srinagar airport has been sealed.
• Besides the only civilian airport, the technical airport used by Armed Forces and VIPs is also in the vicinity.
• The area where the attack took place, also houses training centres of the BSF and CRPF.