A case of food poisoning was reported in Tejas Express (22120) on Sunday after 25 passengers were hospitalised at Chiplun after consuming the pantry food. The train was en route to Mumbai (CSTM) when the passengers complained about the deteriorating condition. The passengers complained of pain and nausea after eating the breakfast served by the in-house pantry on the train around 10 in the morning, as per the Indian Express report. Soon after the complaint, a show cause notice was served on the catering contractor. Railways also formed a committee for an investigation into the incident. As per an official statement by the committee, the first case of uneasiness was reported by a group of tourists from Himachal Pradesh in which two children vomited in the coach itself. Even before the passengers could understand anything two other children in the same coach vomited. There was a feeling of discomfort throughout the coach due to the foul smell of the vomit which had spread to the AC coach. After some time two more children vomited which triggered uneasiness amongst the parents. Mr Kajal Chakravarti, a tour guide of a tourist group from Kolkata said that he and his group has been travelling to various places in Maharastra and Goa for the past 16 days and they have been carrying their own cooked food. He added that he even had everything served by waiters twice and found no problem. Kajal went on to say that there was no problem with food quality. Reportedly, six passengers of his group were also admitted to a hospital in Chiplun. The official statement by the committee said that the feedback from passengers over the quality of food was satisfactory. The statement added that food samples were collected and in the end came to the conclusion that they were within their expiry. Following the inquiry, the committee concluded that the food served on the train was of good quality. The committee also said that the uneasiness amongst the passengers was the consequence of the vomit on coach floor due to which the air quality got worse and triggered discomfort.