EAM Sushma Swaraj was on her oratory best on Saturday as she lambasted Pakistan for nurturing terrorism with her one-liners.
EAM Sushma Swaraj was on her oratory best on Saturday as she lambasted Pakistan for nurturing terrorism with her one-liners. Swaraj made direct reference to Pakistan and targeted it where it hurts the most – the lack of development and growth. Swaraj even replied to Pakistani Prime Minister Shahid Khakan Abbasi’s remarks tagetting India. Here are some top one-liners from EAM.
1) Look who’s talking: “On Thursday, from this dais, Pakistan’s Prime Minister Shahid Khakan Abbasi wasted rather too much of his speech in making accusations against us. He accused India of state-sponsored terrorism, and of violating human rights. Those listening had only one observations: “Look who’s talking!” Swaraj said.
2) Pakistan, what have you made: “India created IIM and IITs, but Pakistan, what have you made?” Swaraj said. She continued: “You have created Haqqani Network, Lashkar-e-Taiba.” She gets loud applaud as she ends her dialogue.
3) We are fighting poverty, they are fighting us: “We are completely engaged in fighting poverty; alas our neighbour Pakistan is engaged in fighting us,” Swaraj said.
4) Exposing Pakistan’ double standards: “A country that has been the world’s greatest exporter of havoc, death and humanity became a champion of hypocrisy by preaching about humanity from this podium,” Swaraj said.
5) Pak leaders must introspect: Swaraj asked Pakistani leaders to introspect as to why India is recognised as a global IT superpower while Pakistan is infamous as the “pre-eminent export factory for terror”. “I would like to tell Pakistan’s politicians just this much, that perhaps the wisest thing they could do is to look within. India and Pakistan became free within hours of each other. Why is it that today India is a recognised IT superpower in the world, and Pakistan is recognised only as the pre-eminent export factory for terror?” Swaraj asked.