Karnataka election 2018: Bharatiya Janata Party President Amit Shah on Thursday accused Congress of using the state machinery for halting his party's Parivartana Yatre in the state.
Karnataka election 2018: Bharatiya Janata Party President Amit Shah on Thursday accused Congress of using the state machinery for halting his party’s Parivartana Yatre in the state. Shah also dared Congress to stop the saffron party march, and defeat it in the upcoming elections in the state. The saffron party chief further claimed that Congress is in fear due to the Parivartana Yatre by BJP in the state. In his speech, Shah highlighted the issue of rising crime against women and said BJP will assure women safety if voted to power. Stressing that BJP is conscious about state’s development, Shah said Modi government has increased the amount of expenditure for the state. Here are highlights of Shah’s speech in Mysore:
– Triple Talaq: “Congress party opposed the Triple Talaq bill due to politics of appeasement but I want to assure Muslim sisters and mothers that BJP and PM Narendra Modi are committed to passing this bill to do justice to them.”
– Killing of BJP RSS workers: “More than 20 RSS-BJP karyakartas have been murdered in the state in last four years but Siddaramaiah government has let the murderers go scot free. BJP government will bring them to justice come what may, after forming the government in the state.”
– Corruption: “Siddaramaiah government has crossed all boundaries of corruption. In Karnataka, Siddaramaiah means corruption and corruption means Siddaramaiah”
– “Modi government has increased Karnataka’s share in central revenues from Rs 88,583 crore under 13th Finance Commission to Rs 2,19,500 crore under the 14th Finance Commission.”
– Karnataka People have decided ‘Parivartana’: “Despite these obstructionist tactics, Congress party and CM Siddaramaiah will not be able to stop BJP from forming the government here because people of Karnataka have decided for ‘parivartana’. BJP has started the Parivartana Yatre for not only to change the government but also to bring change in the lives of youth and to give security to the women of Karnataka.”
– Congress is in fear, uproot it: “Congress is in fear by BJP’s Parivartana Yatre, that’s why they are trying to stop PM Modi’s rally on 4th February and calling for state shutdown. The warm response of the people of Karnataka to ‘Parivartana Yatre’ has instilled fear in Congress party. That is why they have resorted to undemocratic means to fight BJP. I appeal people of Mysore and Karnataka to uproot corrupt Siddaramaiah government.”