Shastri Bhawan fire: A fire broke out in Shastri Bhawan in New Delhi on Monday morning, according to ANI report. The fire department received a call about the blaze after which five fire tenders were pressed into service, the report says. Notably, Shastri Bhawan houses key ministries. No casualties have been reported. It has been learned that the situation is under control. The fire broke out at the building due to a short circuit in an air conditioner (AC), an official was quoted as saying by IANS. The fire broke out on the seventh floor, was doused within a few minutes.
“The fire broke out on the seventh floor of the building at 9.42 a.m. Five fire tenders rushed to the spot and it was doused,” the fire service official told IANS. The ministries that are in the Shastri Bhawan are Law, Information and Broadcasting, Human Resources Development, Corporate Affairs, Chemicals and Petrochemicals.
In 2014, a fire broke out on the seventh floor of the building. That time, 11 fire tenders were rushed to the spot.