Intensifying the probe in the Red Fort blast case, the Delhi police has not sent notices to all the private hospitals in the national capital, seeking details of the doctors who have completed their degrees from foreign countries. The hospitals have been asked to furnish detailed records of doctors holding MBBS degrees from Pakistan, Bangladesh, the UAE, and China.

Officials privy to the matter said the hospital administrations have been specifically asked to share the names and credentials of doctors educated in these countries, and are currently working in private medical facilities in Delhi, reported IANS.

This comes as the investigation into the Red Fort blast after Faridabad ‘white collar’ module‘s surfacing gets wider. The blast took place on November 10 in a car near Lal Qila metro station, killing 13 people and injuring dozens others. The explosion led to a high-level investigation that revealed the existence of a sophisticated ‘white-collar’ terror network with ties to Jaish-e-Mohammed (JeM).

Multiple doctors arrested

Several arrests across a number of states were made after the blast. The incident had occurred after inter-state police nabbed doctors who were working for the JeM, and recovered 2900 kgs of explosives. The National Investigation Agency (NIA) found that the incident was connected to earlier arrests, leading to a series of new revelations as the probe deepened.

The NIA has so far arrested seven individuals in connection with the blast involving a Hyundai i20 driven by Dr Umar Muhammad 

Those arrested are Dr Muzammil Shakeel of Pulwama, Jammu and Kashmir; Dr Adeel Ahmed Rather of Anantnag, Jammu and Kashmir; Dr Shaheen Saeed of Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh; and Mufti Irfan Ahmad Wagay of Shopian, Jammu and Kashmir. These people, officials said, played significant roles in orchestrating the attack that claimed multiple lives and left several others injured.

Probe widens, Al Falah land deal at radar

The land deal of the Al Falah university has become a focus of the Enforcement Directorate, which is probing the finances linked to the University and the blast. It has now accused Jawad Ahmed Siddiqui, chairman and founder of Al Falah University, of acquiring prime land in south-east Delhi’s Madanpur Khadar using forged documents issued in the names of people long dead.

The university is already being probe after three of its doctors-cum-faculty were arrested as part of the ‘white-collar terror module’. Now, investigators said the institution’s top leadership may have been running a fraud of its own.

As for the latest, prime accused Dr Muzammil Shakeel Ganai, Dr Adeel Ahmed Rather, Dr Shaheen Saeed and Mufto Irfan Ahmad Wagay were on Saturday produced before Patiala House Court as their 10-day NIA custody ends.

Read Next