After clashes broke out between the local police and members of the Rajput community demanding a CBI probe in gangster Anandpal Singh’s death in Sanvrad village of Nagaur district, the Rajasthan government has cancelled all the buses to the district, reported India Today on Thursday morning. Apart from this, the government will also defy Ananpal’s kin who refused to cremate him demanding a CBI probe on the matter. Earlier in the day, a curfew was imposed in the district after one person was killed and 25 others were injured in the clashes.
The news was confirmed by ADG Law and Order NRK Reddy who said the curfew was clamped late last night in Sanvrad where tension prevailed during a rally called by Rajput community turned violent. However, he added that police did not open fire on the mob. “In the clashes, 25 people, including Nagaur SP Paris Anil Deshmukh, IPS officer Monika Sen and 16 policemen sustained injuries. To control the agitated protestors, police first fired tear gas shells and cane charged them but did not open fire, Reddy said,” Reddy was quoted saying by ANI.
A police source also told the news agency that four people who were injured in the incident were referred to Jaipur in a critical condition. The mob also reportedly confiscated the AK-47 and service revolver from policemen. Reacting to the situation, massive police deployment has been made and 10 persons have been detained, the local police told the agency.
Scores of members belonging the Rajput community had reached Sanvrad yesterday, the native village of the slain gangster to press for their demand for a CBI inquiry in the police encounter in which he was killed. Singh was killed in a police encounter on June 24 and the body is yet to be cremated.