President of India election 2017: The race to Raisina Hill is all set to begin as President Pranab Mukherjee will exit from the Rashtrapati Bhawan next month.
President of India election 2017: The race to Raisina Hill is all set to begin as President Pranab Mukherjee will exit from the Rashtrapati Bhawan next month. Chief Election Commissioner (CEC) Nasim Zaidi while addressing the media on behalf of the Election Commission of India today at Nirvachan Sadan announced the full schedule of the Presidential Elections 2017. Unlike the General elections through which the Prime Minister of India is elected, the Presidential Elections have a different format. Zaidi started the media briefing by announcing the last day of President Mukherjee’s term. He said, “the term of President Pranab Mukherjee will end on July 24.” Further while talking about the polling schedule, he said, “ECI is honoured and privileged to announce today the schedule of Election for the President of India.”
Here is the President of India election full schedule –
1. President of India election date: The polling will take place on July 17, 2017
2. President of India election counting of votes: Counting for the same will take place on July 20, 2017
3. President of India election filing nomination: The last date for filing nominations is June 28, 2017
4. President of India election candidature: The last date for withdrawing candidature is July 1, 2017
5. President of India election notification: ECI will issue the official notification for Presidential Election on Wednesday, June 14, 2017
6. President of India election scrutiny of nominations: Will take place on June 29, 2017
You may also want to watch-
President of India election: Here are the details as revealed by CEC Nasim Zaidi-
a. The Election Commission of India is taking all necessary steps to ensure free and fair elections to the office of President of India
b. The Secretary General of Lok Sabha will be the Returning Officer for the Presidential Election 2017
c. The ballot papers for the polls will be marked by a particular pen which will be supplied by the ECI itself
d. No political parties will be allowed to issue any whip to their MPs or MLAs registered for casting vote in the Presidential Election.