Marking two years of the NDA Government, Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed a rally in Balasore district of Odisha on Thursday. With the ‘Vikas Gaurav Yatra’, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) is trying to revive its base in North Odisha region.
Here are the 10 things that PM Modi said at the rally:
1) PM Modi invoked Lord Jaggannath. He said, “I was born in Somnath and today I am addressing on the land of Jagannath.”
2) He thanked people for coming out in great numbers to show love and support to him. “When a mother consoles her children, praises them, even the child gets motivated to do more, run faster. It is quite the same when the people of the country encourage the Pradhan Sevak by showing so much love and support.” Those sitting in AC rooms in Delhi and worry about India… they don’t know the grand view in Balasore. There is no election, no protest, but still you all have come out here in this heat.
3) Called Balasore a missile city as it is Dr.Abdul Kalam’s ‘karmabhoomi.
4) Pitching for Sabka saath, sakba vikas, he said “earlier governments thought they run the nation. And we saw the results of such a thought. We believe in Sabka Saath, Sabka Vikas”.
5) We want the element of Jan Bhagidari in all areas of governance. Governments and people must work together
6) We have initiated Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao movement. See how well girl students are performing in the various examinations, said PM at the rally.
7) Mission Indradhanush was launched and all these initiatives are aimed at bringing a change at grass root level.
8) Drop out rates among girl students worried me. That is why toilet constitution in schools was initiated at a large scale: PM
9) Taking a jibe at opposition, PM said, despite all natural resources in Odisha, why isn’t it developed as states like Maharashtra and Gujarat, BJP ruled states
10) Giving emphasis on education he said, our children must not only be healthy but also receive proper education.