In a major speech that he gave today in Gujarat's Deesa, PM Narendra Modi highlighted the major achievements of farmers in the state that has made them some of the most successful ones in the world across all parameters.
In a major speech that he gave today in Gujarat’s Deesa, PM Narendra Modi highlighted the major achievements of farmers in the state that has made them some of the most successful ones in the world across all parameters. PM also hit out at the note ban critics and said he had empowered the poor by raising the value of small notes like Rs 100, Rs 50, Rs 20, Rs 10 notes. PM Modi spoke after first inaugurating a dairy project, a Rs 350 crore cheese plant at Banaskantha and then addressed a rally that was attended by as many as 200,000 people. PM indicated his great surprise, and the pride that he takes from the achievements of farmers who have adapted to new techniques and come up with many of their own to make Gujarat one of the most developed states in the country. He highlighted the value-add achievements of the dairy farmers who take a particular way of doing things and constantly upgrading them to improve productivity. Here are top five key takeaways from PM Narendra Modi’s speech:
1. PM Modi: I have come to stand besides you not as prime minister, but as the son of the soil. When I took over as Chief Minister, I would tell farmers that you need to focus on water as much as you focus on electricity. The farmers in Banaskantha heard my request and embraced drip irrigation. This changed their lives and lives of future generations. There was a time when people from Kutch & Banaskantha would leave their homes in search of better opportunities. It is not the case now.
2. PM Modi: Rs 100, Rs 50 did not have any value before Nov 8, now we have raised value of small notes to empower the poor. Did anyone ever give importance to small notes? I have banned these high value notes to raise the power of the poor. There is no need to waste your time standing outside banks or ATMs, e-wallets have brought banks to your mobiles. These banned notes were also being used by terrorists and everyone knows what is happening across the border.
3. PM Modi: For 70 years, these people looted, harassed honest people and made their life impossible to live. I am standing with the honest people of the country today and yet some in this country are spreading rumours to fool the people. But despite that, the honest people of the country have willingly accepted my note ban move. You must have seen how bank officials and others who have stashed huge amount of black money are being caught they thought they can escape through back channels but they didn’t know that Modi has installed cameras in the back channels as well. Want to assure the people of the country that no one will be spared.
4. PM Modi: Earlier, due to draught farmers committed suicide but changes took place and farmers adopted livestock leading to white revolution. We sell our farmers’ produce at very low prices. Value addition needs to be done to castor as it is demanded worldwide. Merely talking about the poor is different from working for the poor, something that the NDA government is always doing
5. Happenings in Parliament anguished our President, who has tremendous political experience. My government has always said we are ready to debate. I am not being allowed to speak in Lok Sabha and therefore I am speaking in this Jan Sabha.