A major fire broke out at the Parliament Annexe building in central Delhi on Monday morning, news agency ANI reported. According to reports, the fire was reported on the sixth floor of the building.
As many as seven fire tenders were rushed to site to douse the flames. The Delhi Fire Service said that a call was received at 7.30 am and immediately several fire tenders were rushed to the Parliament Annexe building.
The fire service suspected that the blaze started following a short-circuit.
“A call was received at 7.30 AM and it is suspected the fire started following a short-circuit. The fire has been brought under control,” Atul Garg, Director, Delhi Fire Service said.
Atul Garg, Director, Delhi Fire Service, said that the fire has been brought under control.
Meanwhile, the Rajya Sabha secretariat was working overtime for the last two weeks to see that the arrangements were in place ahead of the Monsoon Session.