Indian paranormal investigator Gaurav Tiwari was found dead at his Dwarka home on July 7, under curiously mysterious circumstances.
Indian paranormal investigator Gaurav Tiwari was found dead at his Dwarka home on July 7, under curiously mysterious circumstances. Police are calling it a case of asphyxiation, but are yet to ascertain if it was a suicide.
According to reports, they heard a loud thud from his bathroom at around 11 am on Thursday. They forced their way through the locked door to find Tiwari lying on the floor. He was rushed to a hospital but could not be resuscitated.
Here is what we know so far:
1) The founder and CEO of the Indian Paranormal Society was found lying on his bathroom floor with a thin black line across his neck.
2) Initial investigation shows Tiwari had no financial or other pressing issues that could have driven him to suicide.
3) He was featured on this month’s cover of Youth Incorporated magazine.
4) According to reports, recently married, Tiwari used to stay out ghost-hunting quite late into the night and it led to some marital friction.
5) “There were welt marks on his neck — both on the inner and upper side. The trachea was not ruptured, which normally happens when a person hangs himself,” told the source to Indian Express.
6) Former colleagues of Gaurav Tiwari said he wanted to make a horror movie.
7) Although it was reported that Tiwari had complained to his family about some “negative forces”, Singh said Tiwari never believed in this idea.
8) Tiwari got married in February this year, said his father Uday. “He would never commit suicide. His death is a puzzle to us.”