Pakistan once again violated ceasefire on Thursday in Jammu and Kashmir’s Poonch district
Pakistan once again violated ceasefire on Thursday in Jammu and Kashmir’s Poonch district, an ANI report said. No loss has been reported till now. This comes two days after an Army Naik was killed in an unprovoked firing by Pakistani troops along the Line of Control in Krishna Ghati sector on Tuesday afternoon.
As per Indian Express, the martyred soldier was identified as Naik Mahendra Chemjung and is survived by his wife and a son. Two minors were killed on Monday and 12 other civilians which included a 5-year-old child and nearly half a dozen females were injured in unprovoked mortar shelling from across the border in Kerni and Digwar sectors, the report added.
Earlier on Wednesday, Pakistan summoned India’s Deputy High Commissioner for the second time this week over the alleged “ceasefire violations” by Indian troops along the Line of Control.
Director General (South Asia and SAARC) Mohammad Faisal summoned J P Singh and “condemned the unprovoked ceasefire violations” by the Indian forces in Rawalakot/Chirikot Sector, the Foreign Office said, as per the paper.
Since last few months, there has been an increase in ceasefire violation from the Pakistani side. Speaking to Indian Express, sources attributed it to growing desperation on Pakistan side in view of its failure to push terrorists in the state. BSF troops had on Saturday detected an incomplete cross border tunnel in Arnia sector, emanating from Pakistan side of the international border.
You may also like to watch this video
Last week, Pakistani troops resorted to mortar shelling on civilian areas in Balakote and Manjakote sectors of Poonch and Rajouri districts, injuring at least two civilians including a 50-year-old woman on September 27, Indian Express said further.