Speaking on its first anniversary, former Army chief Dalbir Singh Suhag said surgical strikes was a bold decision from PM Narendra Modi.
Speaking on its first anniversary, former Army chief Dalbir Singh Suhag said surgical strikes was a bold decision from PM Narendra Modi. He also said that country’s national pride as well as image of the nation, nationally internationally, has gone up manifold after surgical strikes. “In June 2015 we conducted strikes in Myanmar and again in Sept ’16 we conducted surgical strikes in Pakistan,” Singh said. “Both strikes were very successful, without any casualties to our people. It was a bold decision of PM to approve surgical strikes,” Singh added. He also said that strikes had a deterrent impact as no major incident has occurred in last one year.
The Army had executed Surgical Strikes on the night of September 28 last year when Indian commanders had para dropped into Pakistan and killed 50 terrorists. Days ago, Army Chief General Bipin Rawat had said that the surgical strike was conducted to send a strong message. As per ANI, he said,”Surgical strike was conducted to send a message and if adversaries do not understand, it will be repeated.” The Army Chief also added that terrorist on the other side of the border are ready to terrorise, but Indian soldiers are also ready to welcome them.
He said,”Sarhad ke us paar jo atankwadi hain, wo taiyaar baithe hain. Hum bhi unke liye iss taraf taiyaar baithe hain (terrorist on the other side of the border are ready, we, on this side of the border are also ready for them).” He added,”Woh (terrorists) idhar aayenge, hum unko receive karke, dhai foot jameen ke neeche bhejte rahenge (They will come this side, we will receive them and engrave 2 and half feet under the ground).”
On the occasion, a book, titled as “India’s Most Fearless: True Stories of Modern Military Heroes”, by Shiv Aroor and Rahul Singh is another recent literary manifestation of the event. The book has a chapter devoted to the strike.