“The Commission has issued a summons to Salman Khan to be present on July 7. The Commission has civic right. If it doesn’t get any solution, it can recommend legal action. I think there is a need to end this issue. His father has apologised. I think it’s not required to stretch it further. This matter would end if Salman says he did not intend to hurt any woman,” NCP leader Majeed Memon told ANI.
NCW chief Lalitha Kumaramangalam yesterday expressed her disappointment over Salman sending his reply through his lawyer instead of tendering an apology. “We have received Salman Khan’s reply through his lawyers. He has not apologised. We are studying the reply,” said the NCW chief.
The 50-year-old actor was ordered to appear before the Women’s Commission in Mumbai yesterday.
The issue began when Salman made the comments during an interview with entertainment website spotboye.com to promote his upcoming movie ‘Sultan’ that tells the story of an ageing wrestler trying to make a comeback.
“When I used to walk out of the ring, after the shoot, I used to feel like a raped woman. I couldn’t walk straight,” the ‘Dabangg’ actor said earlier on June 21.
However, Salman’s father Salim Khan and brother Arbaaz Khan had earlier come out in his defence and said that the intention behind the ‘rape’ remark was not wrong.