Narendra Modi started his campaign in Kasargode district, where PM took potshots at political rivals by saying that while in West Bengal the Communist Party of India-Marxist and the Congress had ‘dosti’ (friendship), it’s ‘kushti’ (fight) in Kerala. PM criss-crossed Kerala while campaigning for National Democratic Alliance candidates in the May 16 assembly elections and attacked both the ruling UDF and the opposition LDF in the state. Here are top 5 Narendra Modi quotes to note:
1. “In Bengal, CPI-M leaders praise the Congress and its leaders while in Kerala the very same party call the Congress a corrupt party. The literate Keralites should rise to the occasion and end this politics of adjustment between these two parties,” said Modi.
2. “What is happening in Kerala between the CPI-M and the Congress is the politics of adjustment, politics of compromise and the politics of corruption as these two fronts alternate in power every five years,” the prime minister said.
3. “It’s going to be two years since we assumed power in Delhi. There hasn’t been a single corruption allegation against us, while you all know what happened during the previous Congress-led UPA (United Progressive Alliance) government’s rule,” Modi added.
4. “Gone are the days when the Kerala model was appreciated all over the world. Today, all the gains have disappeared. Unemployment has risen like never before, forcing your youth to leave their aged parents here and search for jobs elsewhere. In seven of the last 10 years, agricultural growth has been negative and the reason for this is because of the alternating Left and right governments,” Modi declared.
5. Narendra Modi said a big seaport at Colachel will be set up in Tamil Nadu’s Kanyakumari district. “For the first time an investment project worth Rs 21,000 crore has come to Kanyakumari. The seaport will provide employment to the Kanyakumari youth,” Modi said.