Mumbai Kamala Mills fire: Death due to suffocation, carbon monoxide poisoning, confirms KEM hospital dean

By: | Published: December 29, 2017 12:41 PM

King Edward Memorial (KEM) Hospital Dean Dr Avinash Supe said on Friday that hospital has received 12 injured and 14 dead bodies from Kamala Mills Compound, where fire broke out in the wee hours.

Mumbai Kamala Mills fire, latest news on Mumbai Kamala Mills fire, detail news of Mumbai Kamala Mills fire, cause of Mumbai Kamala Mills fire, King Edward Memorial hospital, Kamala Mills Compound, Lower Parel area, KEM hospital deanAddressing the media, Dr. Supe said as per post mortem reports, the deaths took place due to suffocation and carbon monoxide poisoning. (ANI)

King Edward Memorial (KEM) Hospital Dean Dr Avinash Supe said on Friday that hospital has received 12 injured and 14 dead bodies from Kamala Mills Compound, where fire broke out in the wee hours. Addressing the media, Dr. Supe said as per post mortem reports, the deaths took place due to suffocation and carbon monoxide poisoning. “At about 1 to 1:15 a.m., we started receiving patient from Kamala Mills. Twelve patients came who were suffering from superficial burns. All the patients have been treated and have been released. With those 12 patients, 14 dead bodies were also brought to the hospital.. The main reason for deaths was suffocation and carbon monoxide poisoning,” he said. He further informed that all the dead bodies have been identified.

The massive fire in the compound in the Lower Parel area broke out in the wee hours of Friday. Meanwhile, transmission of the TV channels ET Now, Mirror Now, Zoom and TV9 Marathi located in the compound have also been affected due to the fire.

Get live Stock Prices from BSE and NSE and latest NAV, portfolio of Mutual Funds, calculate your tax by Income Tax Calculator, know market’s Top Gainers, Top Losers & Best Equity Funds. Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.

Switch to Hindi Edition