PM Narendra Modi has allocated portfolios to the newly inducted ministers.
PM Narendra Modi had inducted 19 new faces in his Union Council of Ministers. These are P P Chaudhary, Subhash Ramrao Bhamre, M J Akbar, Arjun Ram Meghwal, Anil Madhav Dave, Ramesh Jigajinagi, Parshottam Rupala, Jasvantsinh Bhabhor, Mahendra Nath Pandey, Faggan Kulaste, Vijay Goel, Anupriya Patel, Mansukh Mandaviya, S S Ahluwalia, Rajen Gohain, C R Chaudhary, Ajay Tamta, and Krishna Raj.
Apart from these, MoS Prakash Javadekar has been elevated to the ranks of a Cabinet minister. The new faces will definitely demonstrate the intricate rainbow politics of caste combinations that the party is looking to woo. Here are short profiles of Prakash Javadekar and the new 19 ministers:
1) Prakash Javadekar: MoS (Independent charge) Environment Prakash Javadekar who was today elevated to the rank of a Cabinet minister in Modi government’s Council of Ministers, has bagged HRD Ministry.
Javadekar has previously been Minister of State for Information & Broadcasting and Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs. He has also been a Member of Parliament – Rajya Sabha (from Maharashtra) – 2008-2014.
2) Anupriya Patel: Anupriya Patel gets Health and family welfare.
Patel, a first time MP, is an eloquent pro-Modi voice within and outside the Lok Sabha whose OBC roots have positioned her as an important BJP ally in poll-bound Uttar Pradesh.
The support of BJP, Patel’s associates say, can help her claim the legacy of her father who built Apna Dal’s base among OBCs, primarily his fellow castemen Kurmis.
3) S S Ahluwalia: SS Aluhwalia has been given agriculture and farmers welfare, parliamentary affairs department.
From being a minister in the P V Narasimha Rao Cabinet to a ‘research scholar’ for BJP on various key legislations, Surendrajeet Singh Ahluwalia has links cutting across party lines and is known to speak his mind.
4) Mahendra Nath Pandey: He is a member of the Bharatiya Janata Party and has won the 2014 general elections 2014 from the Chandauli constituency and become member of Lok Sabha. He is also a social worker.
5) Faggan Singh Kulaste: Faggan Singh Kulaste has been given health and family welfare.
Kulaste is a member of the 14th Lok Sabha. He represents the Mandla constituency of Madhya Pradesh and is a member of the Bharatiya Janata Party. He was minister of state in Vajpayee ministry from 1999.
6) Subhash Ramrao Bhamre: Subhas Bhambre has been appointed the Minister of State for Defence.
Subhash Ramrao Bhamre is a BJP MP from Maharashtra. Born in 1953, Subhash Ramrao Bhamre is married to Bina Subhash Bhamre.
His educational qualifications are; MS and Super Specialisation in Cancer Surgery, MBBS – 1978 grant Medical College, Post Graduation in General Surgery, MS in 1982, grant Medical College Mumbai, 5 years super specialization-Onco-Surgeon-1982-87, Grant Medical College (Mumbai) J.J. Hospital Mumbai, Tata Cancer Hospital Mumbai.
7) Jasvantsinh Bhabhor: Bhabhor is a member of parliament to the 16th Lok Sabha from Dahod, Gujarat. He won the 2014 general election being a Bharatiya Janata Party candidate. He is resident of Bariya Faliyu at Dasa Post Office in Limkheda Taluka of Dahod district.
He is farmer and social worker by profession.
8) PP Chaudhary: PP Chaudhary is a Member of Parliament from the Pali constituency in Rajasthan. Born in 1953, Chaudhary has done B.Sc and studied L.L.B at Jai Narayan Vyas University, Jodhpur (Rajasthan).
Chaudhary is said to have actively worked to address problems of farmers in Pali. He has been active lawyer in the Rajasthan High Court for the past 35 years.
9) Parshottam Rupala: He is a member of Rajya Sabha representing Gujarat and a leader of Bharatiya Janata Party. Rupala (61), who hails from Amreli district, is considered an influential Patel leader from Saurashtra.
He has been the state BJP president (2006-09) as well as a Rajya Sabha member earlier (2008-2014). He also served as a minister in the Gujarat Government from 1995 to 2002.
10) Ajay Tamta: Ajay Tamta has been given textiles department.
Tamta, a dalit leader from Almora found a place in the cabinet after Union Minister Rajnath Singh had promised Uttarakhand’s representation in the Modi cabinet.
Party leaders expected Tamta’s credentials as a Dalit leader would work in his favour.
11) MJ Akbar: MJ Akbar appointed MoS External Affairs.
MJ Akbar, a former renowned journalist, is a Rajya Sabha MP of BJP. He was a Congress MP from Kishanganj in Bihar between 1989 and 1991. He was also a Congress party spokesperson in 1989 ahead of Lok Sabha polls.
Akbar returned to public life in March 2014, when he joined the BJP as National Spokesperson. In July, 2015 he was elected to the Rajya Sabha from Jharkhand.
12) Vijay Goel: Vijay Goel appointed as the new Sports Minister.
Goel is a leader from Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP). He was elected to Rajya Sabha from Rajasthan in 2014. The 62-year-old leader entered the Rajya Sabha for the first time in 2014.
His Rajya Sabha biodata says that he also led a country- wide campaign for banning lottery and a movement for prohibition of smoking in public places.
13) Arjun Meghwal: Arjun Meghwal is the new MoS Finance.
Arjun Ram Meghwal is an MP from Bikaner. He has served as an IAS officer in various capacities in Rajasthan Cadre. Arjun Ram Meghwal has participated in many programmes for the development of the Rajasthani language; extended full cooperation in various capacities for recognition of Rajasthani as an Indian language in VIIIth Scheduled of the Indian Constitution.
14) Anil Madhav Dave: Anil Dave has been named Environment Minister with Independent Charge
Anil Madhav Dave is from Madhya Pradesh and has studied M.Com from Gujarati College, Indore. He is actively working for Narmada river’s conservation. Born in 1956, Anil Madhav Dave is unmarried and by profession is a social worker. He has written several books in Hindi.
15) Ramesh Jigajinagi: Ramesh Chandappa Jigajinagi has given drinking water and sanitation department
Ramesh Jigajinagi is a sitting Member of Parliament from Karanataka’s Bijapur (SC). Jigajinagi is a social worker. Born in 1952, he has done his BA from SB New Arts College, Bijapur, Karnataka. He has been Lok Sabha MP five times.
Jigajinagi first contested the Assembly elections on a Janta Dal ticket. He has changed parties, but has been able to retain vote from his constituency.
16) Mansukh Mandaviya: Mansukh Mandaviya is a BJP MP from Gujarat. Born in 1972, Mandaviya’s educational qualifications are; H.S.C., Veterinary Live Stock Inspector (Certificate Course), Educated at Songadh Gurukul and Gujarat Agricultural University, S.K. Nagar, Dantiwada, Gujarat
17) Rajen Gohain: Rajen Gohain is MoS for railway.
He is a BJP Lok Sabha MP from Nagaon in Assam. Gohain represented the Nowgong constituency in Assam since 1999. He is a B.A., LL.B. educated at Anandaram Dhekial Phukan College, Nagaon and Jalukbari, Gauhati University. Gohain was the founder member of BJP’s Nagaon unit and has participated in the Assam movement.
18) Chhotu Ram Chaudhary: He is a BJP Lok Sabha MP from Nagaur in Rajasthan. He is M.A. (Geography) from the University of Rajasthan. Chaudhary has taken training in rural development at the United Kingdom.
19) Krishna Raj: Krishna Raj is a politician from Bhartiya Janata Party. She was elected to Uttar Pradesh assembly in 1996 & 2007 from Mohamdi seat. She contested 2014 Lok Sabha elections from Shahjahanpur seat of Uttar Pradesh as BJP / NDA candidate and elected to 16th Lok Sabha.