In a shocking incidence, a private hospital in Delhi's Shalimar Bagh on Thursday declared newborn twins dead, but later the shocked parents noticed something unusual.
In a shocking incidence, a private hospital in Delhi’s Shalimar Bagh on Thursday declared newborn twins dead, but later the shocked parents noticed something unusual. Among the two babies, one newborn showed signs of life. The shocking blunder was committed by Max Hospital. “After being declared dead, babies were given to us in packets, when we left for cremation ground we noticed movement and on checking found one was breathing. We immediately rushed to nearby hospital,”Ashish, man whose child was declared dead. The grandfather of the twins Praveen said that his daughter had delivered twins on Thursday. The hospital informed that one of the newborns was stillborn while the was alive and had to be put on a ventilator, as per Times Now report. The grandfather alleged that the hospital sought to charge them with a big sum for keeping the newborn in the nursery. But when the family asked Max Hospital to hand over the baby in order to take him to another institute, to its shock, the hospital revealed that the baby boy was dead too.
However, a miracle happened when the dead bodies of both the newborns were taken to the cremation ground. While taking the twins to the ground, they noticed some movement in one of the plastic bags which was handed over by the hospital. Without any further delay, the family took the baby to a nearby hospital where the doctors declared the newborn to be alive and in stable condition.
Following the incident, the hospital has sent the concerned doctor on forced leave. The family has lodged a complaint with the police. Delhi police chief spokesperson Deependra Pathak said that the police has started an inquiry. Case registered under section 308 IPC in connection with Max Hospital medical negligence issue. The Delhi government ordered an inquiry into the “criminal negligence” with Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal
promising “strict action”.
However, this is not the first case of negligence at a hospital. Earlier, on May 22, Gurgaon based Bhawna Rastogi had accused the staff of Fortis Group’s Intellitots Daycare Centre of gross negligence that resulted in the severing of her 9-month-old daughter’s finger. As per a social media post by the parent, the ring finger of the toddler was caught in between a door in the unfortunate incident and led to it being sheared off. The negligence of the staff, as well as events thereafter, made Rastogi take to Facebook and detail her ordeal.
Rastogi had alleged the Centre’s administration of even “withholding evidence.” Describing her experience, Rastogi wrote, “As I write this post, my baby lies beside me with her left arm immobilised and her left-hand ring finger amputated as the Intellitots maid apparently shut the door on my daughter while changing the diaper while her finger got caught between the door.” The mother said her daughter had already undergone a major surgery and shall have to go through a few more in near future.