Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday shared his thoughts and ideas with the nation through his radio programme 'Mann Ki Baat'.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday shared his thoughts and ideas with the nation through his radio programme ‘Mann Ki Baat’. This was the 22nd edition of the PM’s popular radio programme. In the last Mann Ki Baat episode, which aired on June 26, PM Modi called the 1975 emergency period as a ‘black day’ for India. He also expressed happiness about the fact Indian people have always given importance to democracy.
In today’s ‘Mann Ki Baat’ speech PM Modi encouraged the Indian contingent for Rio Olympics by organising programs like the ‘Run for Rio’ campaign that took place in New Delhi this morning. PM Modi also said that he was ready to be the nation’s ‘postman’ in order to deliver the country’s best wishes to the athletes through his Narendra Modi app. Prime Minister Modi further said there were still many problems plaguing India. He said that the government had initiated a programme to help pregnant women. Here are top 10 takeaways from PM Narendra Modi’s ‘Mann Ki Baat’ speech:
1. PM Narendra Modi: Let the whole nation immerse in the fragrance of Independence and honor the sacrifices of freedom fighters. I don’t want the address from Red Fort to be the thoughts of a Prime Minister but that of 125 crore Indians
2. PM Narendra Modi: Love towards nature is essential, people must take initiatives to foster it. A social organisation told people to bring saplings as prasad, a wedding ceremony gave away saplings as gifts to guests.
3. PM Narendra Modi: Maharasthra, Rajasthan & Andhra Pradesh are states that have initiated Green India Mission initiatives and taken it forward significantly.
4. PM Narendra Modi: For me, South Africa was a pilgrimage – because we remember Mahatma Gandhi and Nelson Mandela. They had to suffer in jail but they had no complaints,their struggles were a sort of ‘tapasya’ for the betterment of society. I can never forget my meeting with some of those Indians who had worked alongside Nelson Mandela in his fight for equality.I also had the privilege to take the same train that had laid the seeds of transformation of Mohandas into Mahatma Gandhi.
5. PM Narendra Modi: Govt has introduced new campaign for pregnant women, free medical check up is available for them in all govt hospitals. These free check ups for pregnant women will be on 9th day of every month. Thousands of doctors supported my proposal, therefore I request all doctors across the country to do the same.
6. PM Narendra Modi: The habit of taking antibiotics is a matter of concern, stop shortcuts that will harm you. Taking antibiotics without doctor’s prescription is not good for you, will create new problems for you later. Antibiotic resistance is fast becoming a reality, rules must be followed about how to tackle this, govt is committed to this.
7. PM Narendra Modi: One can safeguard against diseases like dengue by maintaining cleanliness and pay special attention to children. I request you all to be alert so that dengue does not enter your homes, locality.
8. PM Narendra Modi: To create next generation entrepreneurs, Govt of India has taken initiative of Atal Tinkering Labs. It provides a system for innovation, can help build new incubation centers and empower old ones.
9. PM Narendra Modi: We have loads of expectations and hopes; its every Indian’s duty to motivate our athletes who will participate in Rio 2016. PMI spent some moments with youth of Delhi this morning, in few days, every youth’s heart will be filled with sporting spirit. Like 125 crore Indians, I too will be there to convey our best wishes to the athletes.Players are not made overnight, it is a kind of “tapasya” that helps them to reach a high level of performance.On the ‘NarendraModi App’ share your good wishes to the athletes. Let us encourage our athletes as much as possible.
10. PM Narendra Modi: We need to be careful and alert about ‘digital dhoka’ that come through emails, SMSes & calls.