Malegaon blast accused Sadhvi Pragya, who was granted bail earlier today, has said that a lot of injustice has been done to her, and that she should have been acquitted in place of getting bail. “If there would have been someone else in my place, I am sure he/she would not have survived till now. Have suffered a lot,” Sadhvi Pragya told ANI. “A lot of injustice has been done to me, I should have been acquitted instead of being granted bail,” she said.
Earlier in the day, Bombay High Court granted bail to Sadhvi Pragya Singh Takhur, accused of plotting the 2008 Malegaon blast, but denied any relief to co-accused former Lt Col Prasad Purohit.
While granting the bail, court directed Sadhvi to surrender her passport to the National Investigation Agency (NIA), and not to tamper with the evidence. The court also directed her to report to the NIA court as and when required. “The appeal filed by Sadhvi Pragya Singh Thakur is allowed. The applicant (Sadhvi) is directed to be released on bail on a surety of Rs 5 lakh. The appeal filed by Prasad Purohit stands dismissed,” a division bench of Justices Ranjit More and Shalini Phansalkar Joshi was quoted as saying by PTI. “We have said in our order that prima facie there is no case made out against Sadhvi,” Justice More said while refusing to stay today’s order.
Eight persons lost their lives and nearly 80 others were injured when a bomb planted in a motorcycle exploded in Malegaon on September 29, 2008, according to PTI. Sadhvi Pragya and Purohit were arrested by police in the case and were in jail since then.