Is Prime Minister Narendra Modi the next target of the terrorists?
Is Prime Minister Narendra Modi the next target of the terrorists? Possibility of such threat looms large even as a letter warning of another blast and avenging of Dadri victim Mohammed Akhlaq’s murder was seized from the site where the car blast took place in Malappuram Collectorate premises in Kerala. Officials have also seized a pen drive containing photographs of PM Modi and videos of Babri Masjid demolition. Investigating agencies are suspecting that the Tamil Nadu-based terror outfit “Al-Ummah”, may be behind these blasts, a report said. Notably, Al Ummah had earlier tried to kill BJP Leader LK Advani in 1998 in Coimbatore.
The pen drive containing photos of PM Modi indicates that he mat be on the hit list of the ‘Base Movement’, another name for Al Ummah, a terror outfit banned after the 1998 Coimbatore blasts. The pen drive also had videos of Babri Masjid demolition, Gujarat riots, photographs of Mumbai blast convict Yakub Memon and Dadri mob lynching victim Akhlaq. It also contains the message that the “Base Movement” is determined to carry out more such attacks on courts in Maharashtra and Tamil Nadu.
In the past nine months, three southern states have witnessed similar kinds of IED blasts (luckily without any casualty). A very low intensity Improvised Explosive Device (IED) went off in a car parked near the Judicial First Class Magistrate court inside the civil station here, but no one was injured.
“A very low intensity IED was used to trigger the blast,” Director General of Police Loknath Behera had said. Asked if Kerala police was viewing it a a terrorist act, the DGP replied some pamphlets and a picture of al-Qaeda leader Osama-Bin Laden had been recovered from the spot. Behera said had also spoken to a central agency. The blast was similar to the one at the court premises at Chittoor on April 7 in Andhra Pradesh and Mysuru in Karnataka on August 1, he said.