Maharashtra: Man electrocuted while plucking mangoes using iron rod

By: |
Palghar | Published: May 6, 2019 12:09:57 AM

The incident took place around 4 pm when the duo was trying to pluck mangoes from a tree using an iron rod, they said.

Maharashtra, Man electrocuted, Man plucking mangoes iron rod, electrocution, death by electrocution
A security guard of an industrial unit in Boisar Tarapur MIDC was electrocuted and another one suffered serious burn injuries on Sunday, police said.

The incident took place around 4 pm when the duo was trying to pluck mangoes from a tree using an iron rod, they said.

“The rod accidentally came in contact with the high tension electricity cable and one security guard, identified as Chandramohan Jha (42), died on the spot,” police said.

Another guard, Santosh Mishra (35) suffered serious injuries in the incident and was rushed to a hospital, they said.

A case of accidental death has been registered and Jha’s body was sent for post-mortem.

Get live Stock Prices from BSE and NSE and latest NAV, portfolio of Mutual Funds, calculate your tax by Income Tax Calculator, know market’s Top Gainers, Top Losers & Best Equity Funds. Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.

Next Stories
1Mrs. Bahubalis of Bihar: Dummy candidates or trying to get out of their husband’s shadows?
2Modi’s 5 years ‘most traumatic, devastating’, should be shown exit door: Manmohan Singh
3Cyclone Fani: Yogi Adityanath announces Rs 10 crore for storm-hit Odisha