Sources said that while Devendra Fadnavis is in favour of an alliance with Shiv Sena, Maharashtra BJP chief Chandrakant Patil believes that party should go alone.
BJP-Shiv Sena seat sharing: Bharatiya Janata Party president Amit Shah, Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis and other top leaders, including JP Nadda are meeting in New Delhi today to decide the number of seats the party is willing to offer to the Shiv Sena for the upcoming Maharashtra Assembly elections.
The BJP has a lot of brainstorming to do as the state unit of the party is reportedly in favour of contesting the polls without any partnership with the Uddhav Thackeray-led party.
Today’s meeting is also being attended by the top state leaders Pankaja Munde and Girish Mahajan who are in the party’s core committee for Maharashtra.
Sources said that while Devendra Fadnavis is in favour of an alliance with Shiv Sena, Maharashtra BJP chief Chandrakant Patil believes that party should go alone. Several state leaders are of the view that the BJP can win a majority on its own riding on the overwhelming success in Lok Sabha polls.
As far as seat sharing is concerned, the Shiv Sena has maintained that anything less than a 50:50 formula is unacceptable to it, the BJP is said to be in mood to offer anything above 120 out of 288 seats up for grabs in the Maharashtra Assembly. Both the parties earlier pledged to leave 18 seats for smaller parties like Ramdas Athawale’s Republic Party of India (RPI).
- Coronavirus Latest Updates: Total Covid-19 cases in India climb to 2547; 478 patients in just 24 hours
- Central Government Employee? Modi govt issues important clarification on retirement, eases timelines
- Coronavirus News: COVID19 positive cases rise to 152 in Delhi, 335 in Maharashtra
- Should you pay your EMI or avail moratorium? Find out
- Great job! Top 5 steps by Indian Railways - trains into isolation wards, IRCTC meals, essential supplies & more
- Shaktimaan Aa Gaya! Check telecast time on DD National, interesting facts about Indian superhero show
- Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana: Rate cut may reduce your daughter's SSY return by about Rs 8 lakh!
- PM Kisan : Rs 5,125 crore already transferred of April-July tranche
- Check Ramayan, Mahabharat Telecast time on DD National, DD Bharti; how to watch on mobile
- Income Tax clarifications: From belated ITR to Section 80C investments - 7 points every taxpayer should know
- Budget 2020 hasn't violated fiscal discipline: FM Sitharaman
- Budget 2020 was disappointing for lacking vision; but fiscal, taxation measures welcome: EAC-PM member Ashima Goyal
- Budget 2020: FM Nirmala Sitharaman says govt willing to do more beyond Union Budget to boost growth
- Budget 2020: FM says green shoots of recovery visible, points at worse macro-economic fundamentals under UPA
- Budget and the economy: What can we expect after this Budget?
- Budget 2020: FM Sitharaman takes on P Chidambaram over defence budget allocation
- Budget 2020 proposals on DDT, personal tax not to impact MF industry: Franklin Templeton
- Budget 2020: Chidambaram slams Modi govt; says economy close to collapse, unemployment making India poorer
- Budget 2020: How ESOP tax changes will benefit start-up employees
- Economic Survey 2020: Fudging food and fertiliser subsidy
- Uddhav Thackeray-led Maha Vikas Aghadi govt wins Maharashtra floor test as BJP stages walkout from Assembly
- Maharashtra: Uddhav Thackeray-led Maha Vikas Aghadi govt to face floor test today
- Maharashtra Vikas Aghadi releases Common Minimum Programme: Farmers, jobs, women safety – 10 takeaways
- Uddhav Thackeray swearing-in ceremony: Guest list to grand preparations – All you need to know