As Uttar Pradesh gears up for Assembly polls in 2017, so do the candidates and parties. Being one of the biggest Political battleground of the nation, every party wants to put their best foot forward. And the ruling Samajwadi party beheaded by CM Akhilesh Yadav is no less. Akhilesh Yadav has announced the ‘Samajwadi Smartphones Scheme’ under which everybody above 18 yrs of age in UP will receive a smartphone from the Party’s side. Surely the CM knows how to keep a tab on the pulse of the generation but it’s not as easy as it sounds.
The ownership of a smartphone needs lot more than just being a Uttar Pradesh resident. The terms and conditions have been rolled out and whoever fits the bill can start registering for it. the registration for the free smartphone begins on this month. While this is a first come, first serve scheme, there’s lot more in the magician’s bag.
Here’s all that you need to know before registering for the ‘Samajwadi Smartphones Scheme’:
* Only the citizens of Uttar Pradesh are eligible for the scheme.
* Anybody who is above 18 years of age (as on January 1, 2017),only can apply for the entitlement of the smartphone.
* The applicant needs to be a high school graduate.
* The phone will be distributed in the second semester of 2017 on first come first serve basis.
* The applicant needs to self-verify the registration with the provision of sending MMS at every stage.
* To cut out any scope of corruption in the selection or delivery process, the whole procedure is going to be online. With the Samajwadi party pitching to provide home delivery of the handsets to the users.
* Government employees and their family members cannot apply. Similarly, UP citizens in private job with an annual income of less than 2L only can apply.
* Besides the scanned copy of High School certificate, no other document is required for registering for the phone.
Similiar schemes were picked by Samajwadi Party in 2012 Legislative Assembly elections as well, which definitely helped Akhilesh arrive with majority. Since then, 18 L laptops have been distributed to students so far by the UP Government. Whether it will help SP’s case in the UP 2017 polls needs to be seen though.